Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicolai Winch Kristensen 50 posts 70 karma points
    Dec 17, 2012 @ 12:42
    Nicolai Winch Kristensen

same node name - No umbraco document matches ...

im getting error below for some pages. 

if I rename the page node it seems to work mbut naming in t back to what we wnat to call the page (in this case referencer), makes the bug appear for this page again. -  My theory is that this happended because the customer deleted a page, and then created a new under the same name. - does anyone know if this might be the case adn what you can do about it?

NB sorry if this is a double post, seems like my attempt a few minutes ago was lost.

Best regards :-)

Nicolai

Page not found
    No umbraco document matches the url 'http://gemeinschaft.skow.dk/samarbejdspartnere/referencer.aspx'
    umbraco tried this to match it using this xpath query'1368')

This page can be replaced with a custom 404 page by adding the id of the umbraco document to show as 404 page in the /config/umbracoSettings.config file. Just add the id to the '/settings/content/errors/error404' element.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 17, 2012 @ 21:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nicolai

So you rename a node and access the old nodename? And then rename once again and then visit the original nodename again? If not could you then please describe the process step by step? At a first read it looks like normal behaviour but maybe that's because I don't quite get the explanation....

Also what version of Umbraco are you using?

/Jan

Dec 18, 2012 @ 09:26
    Nicolai Winch Kristensen

Hi Jan

In the meanwhile I found out what happens - I think!

In the particular case above the problem was that the customers webmaster had created folder item with the same as a subpage. He had a page of doctype "subpage", which he named "referencer". Then he also had a another node of doctype "folder" which he also named "referencer" - Seems like umbraco on request tried to render/show the folder node (isntead of the subpage node) with the name "referencer". I can see this becasue the ID corresponds with ID in the error pasted above (1368). - renaming the folder node solved the problem so far!

but isnt this a problem? if you create a node out of some doctype (fx subpage) and names are identical with an allready exsiting subpage , then umbraco will give it a (1) in the name (fx "referencer (1)"). Which is quite logical to keep node names and URLs unique. But... if I name a node  - of another doctype - with the same name, then I will allow me to give it an identical name, which gives problem of the renderring on frontend. ?

Or am I missinng some setting og declaration to prevent this problem (I experinced this problem on two solutions so far). ?

BTW! I am using umbraco 4.7.1 for this one.

And thx for aswering :-)

Nicolai

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 18, 2012 @ 21:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nicolai

Hmm, I've never noticed this before but you're right. Seems like there is an issue with this.

I just tested on a 4.7.2 install. If I create a node called "test" based on "Textpage" document type and then create another node called "test" based on "Folder" document type then the Folder is not visible (I suspect that it's being created as a ghost node).

I'll make a check on 4.11.1 to see if this still exists - if it does then it should be reported as a bug since you're right in the fact that it should not be possible to have 2 nodes on the same level (dependant on the tree structure of course) that has the same name no matter if they're seperate document types.

/Jan

Dec 18, 2012 @ 23:26
    Nicolai Winch Kristensen

OK and thx. - tell me if you wanna have a look at the solutions where experienced this. I can show yo uover skype or something! :-)

Best regards

Nicolai

• Mo 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 25, 2013 @ 17:09
    Mo

Hi Jan,

Did you have a look if this is still a problem in 4.11.1. I am running 4.8.1 (upgraded from 4.7.1 and a few versions in between), and I am getting the same problem.

Nicolai - did you find a workaround for this?

I could add some code in one of my eventhandlers that does what Umbraco is supposed to do, but I would prefer if it was just a config or something I am missing.

Regards, Mo

Feb 26, 2013 @ 08:48
    Nicolai Winch Kristensen

Hi Mo

As far as I remember the problem "only" occurs when its items of different doctype.

But no, I did not have a solution that solves this problem. I solved it by manually renaming one of the item that had the same name, and then it works. (fx the folder item renamed to "references folder" so the subpage item can continue as "references") - But it wont prevent it from happening in the future if the webmaster by incident choose to name items of different doctypes, with the same name.

best regards :-)

Nicolai 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft