Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Donald 12 posts 32 karma points
    Dec 29, 2012 @ 07:16
    Donald

Error creating DocType after install then extra icons

Hi,

I've tried installing Umbraco 4.11.1 a couple of times and I'm repeatedly getting the same issue.

After a fresh install of Umbraco core with no extra packages/starter kits I get the error "Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute" whenever I first try to add a DocType (and randomly there after).

Refreshing the page gets rid of the error but I now have additional entries in the Icon drop down.  Clearing out the ~umbraco/images/umbraco folder leaves these entries in there, I can't seem to get rid of them.  They appear to be duplicates of the actual images but not sure how they got there or how to get rid of them.  see attached image for an example.

Dec 29, 2012 @ 07:19
    Donald

I can't seem to edit the post without getting an xslt error so adding a reply instead, I'm running Win7, IIS7 and installed on Sql 2008 R2.  Any help appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 29, 2012 @ 14:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Donald

Yes the editing option in here currently throws an XSLT error - however this has actually been fixed now but has not yet been deployed. But soon people will be able to actually edit their initial posts. Progress! Hooray! :)

How did you do the install? Was it done manually or using web platform installer or webmatrix?

/Jan

Dec 29, 2012 @ 18:00
    Donald

Hi Jan,

I manually installed it:

• Downloaded zip
    • Extracted the zip to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myFolder
    • Setup myFolder as site in IIS setting the appPool to run as an admin account.
    • Navigated to site and ran through the installation procedure, manually specifying the connection string.

Is there any steps I've missed here?  I've also noticed that the Tags data type isn't working so I wonder if something has went wrong with the installation.

Dec 29, 2012 @ 18:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Donald

Did you remember to unblock the zip file before extracting? (If you used the built in extracing in windows).

The above steps sounds right to me at a first glance - If you have done the above then try double checking with this documentation to see if there is a step you have missed or something: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-manually

Otherwise I'm happy to be hearing more from you and I'll let you know if I get this "AHA!" moment :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Dec 29, 2012 @ 18:36
    Donald

I used 7zip to extract the zip file, I've just tried it again marking it as unblocked and I get the same results.

I've had a look through the document and it looks like I've covered everything, I just tried it again, this time using SQLCE and this time I don't get the error but I get the extra entries in the icon drop down.. strange.  Any other suggestions?

Dec 29, 2012 @ 22:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Donald

Ok, I just tried doing a clean installation on my local machine and I'm also seeing the strange issue with the image drop down. Seems like a bug to me, which should be reported on http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4

I also suspect that the other issue perhaps is a bug but I'm not sure since I made my install using SQL CE only. This is a rather old machine so I don't have MSSQL installed.

/Jan

Dec 30, 2012 @ 12:51
    Donald

Thanks Jan, thought I was doing something wrong!  I'll report the issue now.

Link to issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1374

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft