Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Foster 459 posts 1820 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 12, 2013 @ 20:31
    Robert Foster

Inconsistent behaviour in Properties on DynamicPublishedContent compared to Macro DynamicNode in 4.11.x

Hi,

Not really sure if this is by design or not; however when trying to retrieve User Properties on Documents and Media using DynamicPublishedContent, the codebase seems to insist that I use lower case for the first letter of the property name (i.e., I must use the exact casing of the property alias specified on the document/media type).  When using the older Macro DynamicNode we were told to make the first character uppercase.

This works in 4.11.x in Views and PartialViews:

Umbraco.Media(12).video

This does not:

Umbraco.Media(12).Video

Also, It seems that Recursive lookup of properties by putting an underscore at the beginning of the property name is broken.  Whenever I try the following on a DynamicPublishedContent object (CurrentPage for example) either the webserver stops responding or the thread aborts:

@CurrentPage._defaultMapCentre

However doing the same sort of thing in a Razor Macro works as it always has.

Haven't yet been able to track down the bug there...

Jan 12, 2013 @ 20:36
    Robert Foster

Actually,

I just noticed that the behaviour is different between Media and Documents.  Media requires that a user property be accessed using the lowercase format, while a Document seems to be happy with the uppercase format.  However the recursive property issue is a problem on Documents with both lowercase and uppercase variants.  I haven't yet tested the recursive issue on Media types though.

Thanks,

Rob.

Jan 13, 2013 @ 12:50
    Robert Foster

Found the issue with recursive properties on DynamicPublishedContent - logged as issue at http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1451

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft