Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam Hicks 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 17:26
    Adam Hicks

Issue with Client Dependency Framework on a shared cluster

Hi 

Hopefully someone can help me.

I've noticed an issue already previously reported (http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1311) which although a work around fix I managed to sort out - I noticed when I deployed to a cluster environment the client dependency framework would always return an old version of the file not matter what I did. I tried the following:

1. Removed the client dependency folder, emptied the application pool temporary internet files and restarted.
    2. Updated the version number in the configuration file clientdependency.config so that it invalidated local caches.
    3. Made absolutely sure that the local cache on the browser was completely empty.
    4. Checked to see if there was any Static Content Caching on the IIS server - there was none.
    In fact the only point it decided to pick up my javascript changes was when I switched off the client dependency framework by setting debug=true in web config. Not ideal situation for live.
    I tested this all out on another server and it worked absolutely fine. I've gone through the server setup and the only difference really between the two is that one is on a cluster and the other is a single node IIS. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of similar difficulties?
    If I clear out the browser cache (local), the App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency folder - and temporary asp.net internet files - the server setup is pretty much default - where are the files being served from? is there an intermediate cache somewhere either in the software of off the servers? Anyone with any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft