Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• William Burnett 213 posts 262 karma points
    Jan 26, 2013 @ 16:29
    William Burnett

U6 upgrade duplicate developer nodes appearing

I logged into the back office this morning to see if I could track down the "media" bug in my 6.0rc upgrade, only to find TWO "Relation Type" tree items. Several others have reported DUPLICATE tree nodes, such as PACKAGES, etc.

I have reported that my upgraded site (from 4.10.x to 4.11.1 to 6.0) throws an error when the instert/edit image button is used to place an image in a content editor.

I and several others have reported that the MEDIA PREVIEW function in the media section is not working in many 4.11 and 6.0rc upgrades.

Is there a developer here that can address these issues please. There are clearly serious issues here as evidenced by the fact that several upgrade users are reporting them.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 26, 2013 @ 17:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi William

I have not played around with V6 mysfelt yet but it seems that there are some issues that needs to be handled. Therefore I would like to encourage you to report them on the issue list if they have not been reported already.

Regarding the issue on duplicate nodes appearing I think it might relate to this issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1547 ? If so please go and vote it up.

Did you remember to merge the files in the config folder during the upgrade?

/Jan

• William Burnett 213 posts 262 karma points
    Jan 26, 2013 @ 18:08
    William Burnett

Jan,

Thank you for the response.

I went through every file in the config folder using WinMerge (I always do) during the upgrade. My DEVELOPER nodes were normal, until I uninstalled a package, then the Relation Type node appeared dubplicated after a tree refresh. Trees.config shows the appended item, but overwriting the file with one from the downloaded 6.0rc does not fix the issue. 

Regarding the "issue tracker" and end users  "voting things up". I just don't see the process as being efficient or effective. I would be more than happy to disucss my ideas and opinions further with anybody on the team who is willing listen. I love this CMS and appricate the extreme talent and hard work that goes into the project, but the frustration level continues to rise steadily over time and I think that much of it can be avoided.

I am in the process of comparing my "upgrade" (started way back at v3) to a vanilla v6 install, and ripping anything out that is no longer needed, used or relevant. To that end, It should be REQUIRED that ANY package published to the repository have FULL removal capabilites, leaving no crap behind, including orphaned DB tables, dlls, or config alterations. I am sure part of my issue is the number of depricated packages that have come and gone over the years....

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    May 31, 2013 @ 23:03
    Eric Schrepel

Just updated today to 6.1 from 6.0.3 and having the same issue; under my Content folder, all article-level nodes appear twice. Folders appears only once.

Any thoughts from anyone?

• Karl Kopp 121 posts 227 karma points
    Jun 03, 2013 @ 01:42
    Karl Kopp

Just upgraded from 4.11.3 -> 6.1.0 and getting the same in the content tree for some nodes. In some cases I'm getting 6+ copies of the original node in the tree. They all have the same ID so I'm not keen to delete one as it will delete them all. The duplicates do not show in the front end (I have a script to generate XML of all content nodes and the dupes do not show there) and it happens to only some nodes of that type, not all nodes of that type.

• Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 03, 2013 @ 06:42
    Morten Christensen

@Karl The issue you are seeing is due to this issue, which we fixed over the weekend: http://issues.umbraco.org/issueMobile/U4-2306

Link to nightly with fix in the comments.

- Morten

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Jun 11, 2013 @ 23:32
    Eric Schrepel

Didn't seem to fix it. I installed 6.1.1 build 4 (on June 9), and in the Umbraco UI, the media folder on the left column shows node names duplicating themselves repeatedly over the course of a session.

You'll see in the screencap below how in the right-hand viewing pane, the node names look correct, but get duplicated/repeated on the left-hand side.

Also, macros that I write that should list all the child media nodes and URLs for a given folder no longer work; it seems the nodes that look like duplicates don't show up in my macro either.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft