Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andy_rose 91 posts 117 karma points
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 12:18
    andy_rose

umbraco item fields not working when visiting page via url alias

We make extensive use of the umbracoUrlAlias property on our site and I am currently upgrading from 4.7.2 to 4.11.4. We generally use Razor macroscripts throughout our site but we have on page based on a template which uses umbraco field tags to display properties directly on the page. We have discovered on out dev/test environments where we are testing the upgrade that the property values are only displayed if you navigate to the standard url. If you navigate to the url alias these properties are empty.

Before I start digging into the latest source I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what could be the cause?

• andy_rose 91 posts 117 karma points
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 12:41
    andy_rose

Think we've discovered the reason for the issue but would like to hear other opinions. The page in question is our site map which sits under ~/company-pages/sitemap. This page has a url alias of ~/sitemap and the template masterpage is (believe it or not) sitemap. We think that as part of the upgrade that the alternative template lookup is taking precedence of the url alias. So now you navigate to ~/sitemap instead of going to ~/company-pages/sitemap you are being returned the root page with the sitemap template.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case and if there is anyway to configure umbraco to resolve url aliases first before looking at alternative templates?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft