Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garret 68 posts 308 karma points
    Feb 07, 2013 @ 17:10
    Garret

After upgrading to 6.0.0 error on certain documentype

After upgrading from 4.11.3 to 6.0.0 i get an update when trying to open certain documenttype nodes.

The error i'm getting is

Sequence contains more than one matching element

The node has the following datatypes:

• UltimatePicker
    • Textbox multiple
    • true/false
    • textstrings

When i create a new node I don't get the error and i can open the node as normal

I looked at the log, can't find nothing strange. I also did the fixpath patch, didn't help either.

I think it has something to do with the UltimatePicker, but i'm not sure

Kind regards,
    Garret

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Feb 07, 2013 @ 17:31
    Tom Fulton

Hi Garret,

Do you get any more details on the error, like a stacktrace?  If you can paste that here it might help narrow down what's causing it.

Thanks,
    Tom 

Feb 07, 2013 @ 20:14
    Garret

Hi Tom,

Offcourse no problem, sadly it doesn't give me extra information. But maybe you can destilate something from it

Server Error in '/' Application.

Sequence contains more than one matching element

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element]
       System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +2535610
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.InitializeProperties() +754
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.getProperty(PropertyType pt) +43
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls() +560
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +83
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +38
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +134
       System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +191
       System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +86
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +1127
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +134
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +489

• Scott 95 posts 277 karma points
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 16:22
    Scott

I get the same error, however I have set up a new site in 6.0.0 and then I have begun creating pages and then I needed an extra field and added it but it did not work.

Then I deleted the newly created tab and added the controls again but still the same....

Then I deleted the pages and tried again but no luck....

And then I wanted to move the items back to the content node and then the recycle bin made an error...

So stuck

Feb 08, 2013 @ 18:42
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Looks like this might be a bug - I just came across this issue on the tracker reported earlier today.  You might want to go vote for it and add your comments:  http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1672

-Tom

• Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 21:40
    Morten Christensen

@Scott I think I know what might be causing the this issue. The Stack Trace you posted looks like something I have seen before, so I tried to change the code a bit so it won't throw if the same property type id is found more then once.

I have pushed a new nightly build (link below). Can you try and update your solution by overridding the assemblies in your bin folder with the ones from the zip?
    http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%206.0.1/UmbracoCms.6.0.1-build.11.zip ;

- Morten

Feb 11, 2013 @ 19:21
    Garret

Tnx Morten for the fix

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 01, 2014 @ 21:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

I know this thread is pretty old by now...but I just got this issue on a 6.1.6 installation when I tried adding a new property to one of my document types. I'm running CE SQL as the database.

From the trace log...

2014-05-01 20:38:14,762 [31] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 30] An unhandled exception occurred System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 predicate) at umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.BindDataGenericProperties(Boolean refresh) at umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.HttpContext.InvokeCancellableCallback(WaitCallback callback, Object state) at System.Web.UI.Page.LegacyAsyncPageBeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object extraData) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) 2014-05-01 20:41:46,589 [31] INFO umbraco.BasePages.BasePage - [Thread 11] User admin (Id: 0) logged in 2014-05-01 20:42:03,972 [31] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 32] An unhandled exception occurred System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 predicate) at umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.BindDataGenericProperties(Boolean refresh) at umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.HttpContext.InvokeCancellableCallback(WaitCallback callback, Object state) at System.Web.UI.Page.LegacyAsyncPageBeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object extraData) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

How can I fix this?

/Jan

May 01, 2014 @ 23:55
    Tom Fulton

Hey Jan,

Just a quick guess, could it be that you might have a property with the same alias on an inherited type, or a tab of the same name? Otherwise I'd guess that you might have some bad data somehow in the db, specifically related to propertyTypeGroups :/

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 05, 2014 @ 10:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

Maybe...But since I get a YSOD when I try acessing the document type and webmatrix shuts down each time I try to access certain tables in the database it's a bit hard to figure out what is going on and how to fix it.

I thought that the bug was fixed in releases after 6.0.x...but perhaps it's still possible to get it if you're running on a solution that was upgraded from 6.0.3 and up to 6.1.6 like mine is...

/Jan

• Stefan van Leusden 21 posts 73 karma points
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 16:10
    Stefan van Leusden

I've had the same issue in Umbraco v6.1.6 as Jan. No upgrade, just out of the blue.

First I deleted my added property in the database table: cmsPropertyType (didn't solved the problem)
    Then I deleted a duplicate tab in cmsPropertyTypeGroup (it's the last row in the table).

Works like a charm again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft