Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Macdonald 18 posts 47 karma points
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 11:18
    Andrew Macdonald

PublishAt & RemoveAt dates missing after publish node & children

Hi,

Not sure if I have found an issue or not...

I'm running Umbraco v 4.7.2 and when I use the context menu to publish a node and it;s children, any child node PublishAt/RemoveAt dates are beining forgotten.

After peeking through the source code, I can see that when the publish.aspx source code is ready to publish the nodes children it uses Document.Children()...

It appears that Document.Children() doesn’t fully setup the child nodes, the result is that the above dates are never populated into the document and thus not used during the Document.PublishWithResult() when it creates a new cmsDocument in the database and then updates the new version with the existing dates :(

Regards

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 22:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andrew

I think it makes sense that the PublishAt date is removed when you publish a node either by using "save and publish" or simply using publish from the context menu since you publish the node it does not make sense to have a "publishAt" date set when the node has already been published.

However it does not make sense that the removeAt date is being removed since it's undermining the concept of this function.

I think it should be reported as a bug on the issue tracker as I suspect this issue still exists in v6 actually :)

Please file a bug report here http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4 and post the url for it back in here so others who come across this can see it's been reported and can vote it up.

Cheers,
    Jan 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 22:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Sorry, forget what I write about "publishAt dates above...I read it wrong :)

/Jan

• Andrew Macdonald 18 posts 47 karma points
    Feb 13, 2013 @ 10:22
    Andrew Macdonald

Thanks for the reply...

I agree that the PublishAt becomes more irrelevant once the item is published, but for authors - it helps them feel confident that they didn't publish something too early.. Besides publishing a node on it’s own with these dates set -- leaves the dates in place.

In any case, there appears to be an inconsistency with the date handling of parent/child nodes... So I will raise the issue :)

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft