Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert J. Bullock 386 posts 405 karma points
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 20:44
    Robert J. Bullock

Media "drag and drop" Upload Is Buggy...

On Umbraco 4.11.4 (not sure about other versions), when you drag and drop a file into a folder and upload it, it doesn't seem to "appear" to Umbraco until you manually hit the save icon for the file... I.e., if you upload some files using drag & drop and then have a Razor script that iterates over the folder, the items won't appear... That is, not until you've manually clicked the "Save" button. What's up with that?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 21:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Robert

What browser are you using when you drag'n'drop the images? It's interesting to know since it's the HTML5 drag'n'drop API that is being used it could be the browser implementation that does not work very well yet - it could of course also be something in the implementation. But the browser being used here is relevant.

/Jan

• Robert J. Bullock 386 posts 405 karma points
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 21:22
    Robert J. Bullock

I'm using Chrome v24... But yeah, don't get me wrong: the file(s) uploads, it just doesn't register with Umbraco until I click "Save" on each individual file...

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 23:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmm, ok that sounds weird. It should not be neccesary to do so...

Do you currently only have a dev version of the site? Or do you also have a production version where it happens? I've noticed that the sort order is not saved, when dragging nodes around on our staging server for instance. Not sure what is going since I've not had the time to digg into it yet. But locally it works like a charm. So just curious if you have more environments setup.

But perhaps this should be reported in the issue tracker since the save event should be triggered. I'll see if I can remember to check on the site I mentioned above tomorrow, which is also 4.11.4 where I'm primarily using Chrome.

/Jan

• gary 385 posts 916 karma points
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 07:54
    gary

Hi Robert & Jan

Have exactly the same issue, on multiple file upload (using MultiFileUploader), have to hit the save button after each load completes. Will say that it is incredibly fast but although not the worst problem in the world is difficult to explain to a customer.(It also uses crops and each one has to be manually saved or they will not show, create crops runs but does not create them, more thoughts that it is not browser related?) Have tried this in both Chrome and Safari (Both webkit?) but I don't think it is browser related. I also have an i/o error thrown which from memory is 208. Not sure if this is in any way related or if Robert can try, but if I try to delete a node on the same site, it throws a Lucene error, missing index, but if you try to delete again, does remove the node. (So, double save?, then double delete?) Also have issues with emptying nodes in recycle bin - especially in the media section. From memory, it all worked fine to begin with, so somehow I corrupted or broke something somewhere.

My only reason for adding here is to see if the error can be narrowed down in any way to help resolve it. Think it is easier to fix if the extent and area of the problem can be pin-pointed first.

Regards G

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft