Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• K.Can 5 posts 25 karma points
    Feb 17, 2013 @ 19:10
    K.Can

Sometimes images in media folder not showing on WebPage

Hi everyone, I have some weird problem and i have to solve immediately so please help me,

This is the page i have created with umbraco 4.6.1  http://www.nesquik.com.tr/ . Sometimes, Images in media folder, like that  ,not shown on page. 

Everything was fine in my localhost but when i move website on live server this problem have started..

• Umbraco Version 4.6.1
    • asp.net version 4 Integrated
    • iis version 7
    • I have read/write permissions

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 17, 2013 @ 20:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi K.Can

How do you deploy from your local machine to live? Could you describe the process? Have you remembered to copy over the local medias as well if you have created them locally?

How do you render the images?

/Jan

Feb 17, 2013 @ 21:10
    K.Can

Actually there is two server. One is staging other one is live server. Firstly,i have transfered all of the root folder to staging server than restore database from my local to staging server. Everything was fine on staging server which has the same environment with live server.

I followed the same process to deploy staging server to live, but after all folders had trasfered to live server we get umbraco.config denied error and then i have added   

<system.web>
    <identity impersonate=”true”/>
    </system.web> to web.config to fix this error.

I have also some problems with SiteMapProvider above. But for now this is not disturbing.

Error adding to SiteMapProvider: System.InvalidOperationException: Multiple nodes with the same URL '/' were found. XmlSiteMapProvider requires that sitemap nodes have unique URLs. at

System.Web.StaticSiteMapProvider.AddNode(SiteMapNode node, SiteMapNode parentNode) at umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider.loadNodes(String parentId, SiteMapNode

parentNode)

This is a huge project about 8GB because of videos .I have used some package for media.

• ImageGen
    • Import Media

Feb 17, 2013 @ 21:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi K.Can

Regarding the sitemap provider it's my understanding that it's not really being used but if you're used to working with Sharepoint and do some integration or whatever it makes sense it's there.

If you don't use it then you can safely just uncomment the sitemap provider part in your web.config file.

Regarding the missing media...Do you see any error 500 messages in the browser console log when you're trying to see them? Are the server configurations 100% identical in regards to mime-type settings?

I'd recommend that you add mime-types for video and fonts for instance in the web.config. Remember to remove the mime-type before adding it otherwise it can break havoc on your website if IIS already "knows" the mime-type.

Hope this makes sense.

/Jan

Feb 20, 2013 @ 08:23
    K.Can

Hi Jan,

I have controlled what you say but, not worked :S 

I have not chance to do everything for change something at the same time because server is not under my control. Just one ticket get abut 3 day do to so i have to do pinpoint about what is the problem...

Feb 22, 2013 @ 23:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi K Can

Ok, are the medias that gives a 404 message in the console log actually mapped to an image file that exits on the server? If you view the media from inside Umbraco do you then see the image or is it also missing from there? If so try to upload the image to the media type again - If you don't succeed doing that then I suspect that you have a permission issue.

From the screendump above I can see that you need to add the mime type for the WOFF web font on either the server or in the web.config file. I recommend that you do it in the web.config file if you can.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Feb 23, 2013 @ 10:51
    K.Can

Thank you for your responses Jan..

As i mentioned past, server is not under our control. We have tried everything to solve this problem. At the end hosting company said that we have two live server and one database..

We are editing data on server1 and the other is not affacted that changing. Sometimes loader balance redirect us the other server which we didn't do anything ..

Feb 23, 2013 @ 12:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi K.Can

Ok, so if you create the media locally you can see them locally but it will give you a 404 on the live environment since it's created in the datbase but the file only exists on the local instance - if this is correct you should be able to copy over your local media to the live server using FTP.

But before you do so make sure to have a backup of the media currently on the live server.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft