Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Francisco 21 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 23:47
    Francisco

Umbraco v6.0.0: Properties of different doc types with the same name causes a bug.

I installed a brand new Umbraco v6.0.0 instance, and added this doc type structure.

Base Page (Create a tab called: "Content").

--- Standard Page (Create a property called BodyText, alias: bodyText into tab Content from Base Page)

--- News Page (Create a property called BodyText, alias: bodyText into tab Content from Base Page)

After that, if you go to Content, and create a new DOC of type Standard Page, fill BodyText with any value, and hit Save and Publish, it does not throws any error, but if you go to another node and come back, the value is not there anymore.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 23:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Francisco

This is indeed a bug - not sure if it ha been reported at the issue tracker but if it has not please feel free to report it here http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4

I think that it would also be nice if you provide the stack trace of the error in the bug report.

Cheers,
    Jan 

• William Burnett 213 posts 262 karma points
    Feb 24, 2013 @ 07:56
    William Burnett

Making matters worse, you guy are now FORCING lowercase first letters for aliases. In the PAST aliases had uppercase first letters. So now, if a property is changed, it CAN'T be saved without breaking XSLT,. etc. Worse, even if you do change to lowercase and SAVE, the DB does not appear to reflect the changes:

In any case, in instances where multiple pages have the same properttype Name, I am also seeing problems.

I have had to manually change names in the DB, as the properties "Save" appears to work, but records are not updated if multiple document types include the property name.

This is a mess that should be easily reproducble by HQ.  Please fix it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft