Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Smoye 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 02, 2009 @ 23:02
    Smoye

User Editing feature showing "Server Error in '/' Application."

After an upgrade from umbraco version 3 to version 4, I started getting an error whenever trying to edit or even access current Users. I've tried looking for a solution but I can't quite figure out where to even look as the problem seems to be related to the installation. I was not the one to install it so I don't know much about that process (maybe something went wrong there) but if it does need to be reinstalled, I can see that it happens. Any help in finding a solution or even explaining of where the error is occuring (names of associated files) would be greatly appreciated.

In firebug it says that there's an internal server error when loading this file "/umbraco/users/editUser.aspx?id=3", but that doesn't tell me a whole lot because I know it's getting information from somewhere else.

The error I get is below: "

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 38.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 38.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 38.]
    System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) +76
    System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg) +126
    System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res) +35
    System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InvalidCharRecovery(Int32& bytesCount, Int32& charsCount) +186
    System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.GetChars(Int32 maxCharsCount) +128
    System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ReadData() +368
    System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() +74
    System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() +151
    System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) +112
    System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +108
    System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) +87
    umbraco.cms.presentation.user.EditUser.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +667
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +15
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

• Eric 27 posts 49 karma points
    Mar 12, 2010 @ 17:11
    Eric

did you ever figure this out?!?!?!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft