Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Thomas 34 posts 127 karma points
    Mar 08, 2013 @ 10:10
    Mark Thomas

Chrome reload bug: reposts last action with potentially old data!

Hi,

This morning I had a very frustrated colleague that couldn't understand why the node he was working on yesterday had reverted to a version without his changes.

I went straight to the logs: dbo.UmbracoLog and started investigating.

To my shock I found multiple entries the previous hour with my userId telling me that I had published the exact node in question.

Next step: paranoia. There must be someone using my login somewhere. 

Step after that: insanity!

Down to earth again... I was using Google Chrome, and the first thing I did when I got to work was close and open Chrome to regain some of that lost RAM. That coincided pretty close to the first publish in the logs. When that didn't give me the desired free RAM, I restarted my PC. Checking the task manager I could pretty accurately pin down the time I had started Chrome up recreating my tabs from the previous session and this was close enough to the next publish from the logs.

Conclusion: Chrome will repost the last action that you performed in Umbraco when the tab is recreated!

Hope this can help some other frustrated users out there trying to pin down strange behaviour and lost work...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft