Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Brian Powell 43 posts 198 karma points c-trib
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 14:35
    Brian Powell
    0

    After Upgrade to 6.0.2, Pages Won't Stay Published

    I upgraded a v4.11.5 intallation to v6.0.2.  After the upgrade, the correct pages were live on the public site but when I logged into the backend, everything in my site showed the unpublished icon on the tree even though the page properties themselves showed the pages as published.

    If I republish individual pages or republish the entire site, the icons will change to show as published but when IIS is reset, the icons revert back to showing as unpublished.

    Among others, I've tried the following things:

    1. Ran path fix tool.
    2. Emptied cmscontextml table and reset IIS before publishing.
    3. Resaved all my templates.
    4. Resaved all my document types.
    5. Clearing all publish on/unpublish at settings for pages.
    I don't get any errors when I do the publish and no errors are logged in Umbraco's trace log.  I'm stumped.  I've tried this upgrade several times (and with various other combinations of v4.11.x to v6.0.x versions previously) and still have this problem.  Any ideas?

  • Jan Skovgaard 11245 posts 23441 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 19:13
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Brian

    Could you perhaps try to use the latest version of 6.0.3 nightly to see if that helps?

    /Jan

  • Jan Skovgaard 11245 posts 23441 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 19:13
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    ...You find the nightlies here http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%206.0.3/

    /Jan

  • Brian Powell 43 posts 198 karma points c-trib
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 21:49
    Brian Powell
    0

    I just tried the latest nightly.  It doesn't solve the issue.

  • Brian Powell 43 posts 198 karma points c-trib
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 23:39
    Brian Powell
    0

    I grabbed the source code and have been debugging things with Visual Studio.  It looks like the problem is in the PerformGet(int id) method in Umbraco.Core.Persistence.ContentRepository.  I'm running MySQL 5.5.24.

    The code puts a WHERE clause on that is only supposed to display where Newest is true.  The problem is that PetaPoco is escaping true as 'True' in the SQL, which is being interpreted by MySQL as a string rather than a keyword.  Is is actually only displaying records where Newest is 0 = false.

  • Brian Powell 43 posts 198 karma points c-trib
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 00:37
  • Jan Skovgaard 11245 posts 23441 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 20:32
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Brian

    That's great - I think you should perhaps create a bug on the issue tracker here issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4 and then also mention your pull request in there. I think that will give the issue and the possible solution more attention.

    All the best,
    Jan 

  • Brian Powell 43 posts 198 karma points c-trib
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 20:51
    Brian Powell
    1

    Forgot to mention that I logged U4-1904 (about the quoting of the keywords) and U4-1905 (about the publish status).  I mentioned linked the two issues and mentioned my pull request there.

  • Jan Skovgaard 11245 posts 23441 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 21:23
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    You're a star :)

    /Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft