Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MK 429 posts 905 karma points
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 20:36
    MK

Node path is not updated when moving to new parent

Hi there,

Ive upgraded my site from 4.7 to 4.11.5 where I went via 4.9 and 4.10.

Now none of my moved node are updating their path.

Ive tried via c# and backend with no success.....

Any idea?

Thanks

mkariti

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 21:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi mkariti

Do you get any errors in the umbracoLog table regarding this issue? Do you see any errors in the console log of the browser when you're trying to move a node?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Mar 20, 2013 @ 07:27
    MK

Hi Jan,

Many thanks for your reply!

I found out that there was something wrong with the SiteMapNode so as advised in

some old post here I commented out the Sitemap provider area in the web.config and it works!

Here is the error:

Error adding to SiteMapProvider in loadNodes(): System.InvalidOperationException: Multiple nodes with the same URL '/' were found. XmlSiteMapProvider requires that sitemap nodes have unique URLs. 
    at System.Web.StaticSiteMapProvider.AddNode(SiteMapNode node, SiteMapNode parentNode) 
    at umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider.loadNodes(String parentId, SiteMapNode parentNode)

Is this the right way to go about it?

What could happened to cos this error?

Mar 23, 2013 @ 09:04
    MK

I will appreciate if anyone can tell me if its ok to comment out the Sitemap provider section in the web.config or what is the use of it?

Regards,

mkariti

Mar 23, 2013 @ 13:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi mkariti

Sorry for the late answer.

It's ok to comment it out - if you're not sure what it's for then you're not using it. If I remember correctly the reason it's there has something to do with dev's used to Sharepoint being keen on using this stuff...but I'm not really sure what it's meant for - however I have Sebastiaan Janssens word for it that it can be uncommented without any problems.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 23, 2013 @ 13:28
    MK

many thanks Jan!

Will upload my new version to test environment to give it a try!

Thanks again.

mkariti

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Apr 13, 2013 @ 00:01
    Eric Schrepel

I'm having a perhaps-related issue. Had moved a node (and its children pages) that was previously under Home to now be under Home/About.

So the URLs for that node used to be nwcouncil.org/history, but my expectation would be that moving them to under the About node would make the new address nwcouncil.org/about/history, and that any pages in that folder would presume About as the new parent.

But those pages still kept the nwcouncil.org/history/* URLs, plus they don't recognize that they are under the /About parent, so my breadcrumb macro is throwing an error.

How do I get these corrected so they actually match the UI folder structure? Again, the History folder and its children should end up having About as the parent, and URLs of nwcouncil.org/about/history/blahblah/

(Using Umbraco 6.0.3, and tried republishing the About and Columbia River History nodes but it just hangs forever when trying to do either.)

Apr 24, 2013 @ 21:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Erik

Is this a clean installation of Umbraco 6.0.3 or have you upgraded from an earlier version?

/Jan

Apr 24, 2013 @ 21:25
    Eric Schrepel

Been upgrading incrementally since 4.7.

Apr 24, 2013 @ 21:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eric

Ok, then your issue is most likely caused by the issue described here http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2013/2/1/umbraco-4114-released.aspx

I'm confident that if you run the fix path package then your issue will be solved. Remember to make a backup of the database before running the script. Just in case..:)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 24, 2013 @ 22:04
    Eric Schrepel

I've run the most current version of Fixup, but that generates a different set of problems (see my posting at http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/content-maintenance-dashboard-package/bugs/37910-Path-is-incorrect-in-moved-nodes?p=1, text also copied below), in which the FixUp never seems to complete, and according to the tracelog, continuously loops over the same collections of nodes every couple minutes.

My comment from the above link:

In Umbraco 6.0.3, I also have issues moving nodes from one parent to another, the path/parent connections don't match and URLs don'tget updated correctly, also breaking my breadcrumb macros. Frustrated by that situation, downloaded and ran PathFixup per suggestion.

Backed up db, ran Path Fixup but I sense something's more wrong yet, as the UmbracoTraceLog shows the same nodes getting processed repeatedly as PathFixup runs, and it never finishes (i.e., the line "PathFixer - Fixing paths for children of 15576" shows up every few minutes, and the UI screen also shows the same nodes getting looped through and it never completes.

Also, in lieu of the endless loop situation with PathFixup, it'd be rad if instead of the UI showing "Fixing node ___", it would show an overall progress bar. As it is, I don't know whether to just stop this now or let it run (minutes? hours?). We have about 1,500 nodes, if that's useful information, and I'm happy to attached some of the tracelog if anyone can help.

Apr 26, 2013 @ 10:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eric

Have you had a look at the report from the fixup to see if it contains any errors? I've had an error running it due to some custom API integration where we did it wrong.

The report is located in the app_data folder somewhere.

Cheers,
    Jan 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft