Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nonacc 63 posts 184 karma points
    Mar 24, 2013 @ 10:29
    Nonacc

WebResource.axd as Published Document and Wrong MIME type issue

Hey,

I'm using umbraco v 4.7.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.4500.21031).
    My problem is that sometimes "WebResource.axd" return contents that not related to the system causes problems, and the cms stop working..

Sometimes "WebResource.axd" returns internal content page, like client html, the page has no connection to the back office.. it is client content page.. and then I get an error in the browser : Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

And sometimes it returns image with wrong MIME type, below:
    "Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type text/image:"

These errors cause other components do not work.. and umbraco crashes..
    For example following these errors uComponents(3.0.3) stop working, it displays a message that something is missing and the whole umbraco nodes tree did not load, it just writes "Loading..", the error below: Uncaught ReferenceError: ucItemInfo is not defined

I've already tried everything:

• restart the (app pool and server)
    • clear ClientDependency cache and change versions
    • set "norewrite" rule at "UrlRewriting.config" for "DependencyHandler.axd"
    • set "umbracoContentXMLUseLocalTemp" true/false
    • set "umbracoDebugMode" true/false

I read that the problem appears in the RouteTable, but I don't know how to fix it..
    I know that i'm using old version of Umbraco but I can't update it now, it requires a lot of time cuse the site is big. Has anyone been having that kind of problem? Know how to solve it? Please Help..
    It's really urgent, now the whole (live)site is paralyzed and we can't work!
    Thanks in advance!

• Nonacc 63 posts 184 karma points
    Mar 24, 2013 @ 10:51
    Nonacc

I solved the problem, set rewrite rule to "WebResource.axd" in the "UrlRewriting.config", below:

<addname="norewrite"virtualUrl="WebResource.axd"rewriteUrlParameter="ExcludeFromClientQueryString"destinationUrl="/WebResource.axd"ignoreCase="true"xmlns=""/>

It solved my problem, but still have to check why it happens.. ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft