Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

  • Thomas Kahn 602 posts 506 karma points
    Mar 27, 2013 @ 10:59
    Thomas Kahn

    Checkbox datatype that only displays one/no selected items in umbraco.config?


    I have created a checkbox list datatype with a handfull of custom values on an Umbraco 4.11.5 site. The problem I'm experiencing is that if I check more than one checkbox in this list, none of the values are displayed in umbraco.config. But if only one value is checked, that value is displayed in umbraco.config.

    So here's what the umbraco.config XML looks like with only one value checked:



    If I check two or more values the data in umbraco.config looks like this:



    I don't know if you are helped by this background info, but in the admin interface it looks like this:

    The datatype looks like this:

    Something that is worth noting is that the site was originally created in Umbraco 4.8.1, but before I released it I upgraded it to 4.11.5. I followed the upgrade instruction to the point and did the upgrades incrementally with one major version at the time (4.8.1 -> 4.9.1 -> 4.10.1 -> 4.11.5) and did some basic testing along the way. Apart from this strange error, the upgrade caused no problems. I'm not sure that this has anything to do with the problem I'm experiencing, but I'm just mentioning it here.

    I have tried some things myself before posting here:

    • Changed the order of the values - no effect.
    • Created a new datatype with the same values and replaced the old one - no effect.
    • Changed the data type, trying both Ntext and Nvarchar - no effect.

    Does anyone recognise this error?
    Where do I start if I want to look for the source of this error? I'm not getting any error messages so it's hard to know where to start digging?
    Are there any workarounds?

    Thanks in advance!


  • Thomas Kahn 602 posts 506 karma points
    Mar 27, 2013 @ 11:15
    Thomas Kahn

    An important addition to this post is that all the values are stored and displayed correctly in the Umbraco backend. So if I check 3 of the values, these checked values are stored in the database and displayed correctly the next time I open up the page in the Umbraco backend. It's only in umbraco.config that I get only one or no values.

    I have checked the database tables cmsDataType and cmsDataTypePreValues and found nothing out of the ordinary.

  • Thomas Kahn 602 posts 506 karma points
    Mar 27, 2013 @ 14:25
    Thomas Kahn

    Found that this is a documented bug in Umbraco 4.11.5 that was fixed yesterday(!)

    I guess I'll just have to wait for the next release.


Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: