Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicolai Winch Kristensen 50 posts 70 karma points
    Apr 20, 2013 @ 15:27
    Nicolai Winch Kristensen

Cache problem or.. ?

Hi there

I have a strange cache problem in my umbraco solution thats driving us nuts.

The CSS on production server is not updating changes. I think its related to the specific URL, cause the preview mode or accesing it by id takes newest version.

check fx. here :

old version: http://gigtskolen.dofnet.dk/tilmelding/varmtvandsbassin/koebenhavnsomraadet/koebenhavn.aspx
    (error on line in  tree collides with submenu)

fixed version :  http://gigtskolen.dofnet.dk/1990.aspx
    (works- accesed with ID instead of full URL)

in IE dev tools I can see that the css property that fix the issue is NOT there in the non working version - but if I acces css directly with URL its there. - So what im thing is, it must be related to the specific url.

I tried to:

- delete CSS and reupload -  directly on server - and throug umbraco (when deleted, the ID version does not work anymore, and works again when reuploaded)
    - touch web.config and save
    - recycle, stop start the app pool
    - CTRL+f5 (does not seems like its client cahce thats the problem, seems like everywhere)

Any suggestion highly appriciated 

best regards :-)

Nicolai

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 20, 2013 @ 18:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nicolai

What version of Umbraco are you using?

Are you certain that your destanation is right when you upload? (I've sometimes confused the folders, hene no changes where visible :)).

Do you use some kind of build script to compress your files?

If you're using Umbraco 4.10 (I think it was the version where it was introduced) you could try and go to the /config folder and increment the version attribute in the ClientDependencyHandler.config file and see if that helps.

Hope some of these pointers help!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft