Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Harrington 12 posts 32 karma points
    Apr 24, 2013 @ 04:12
    Chris Harrington

Publishing Oddity in Umbraco 4.11.1

We've noticed when we 'save and publish' content that our changes appear on the WWW version of our site, but the non-WWW version of our site still retains the old content.  This happens no matter what we do - hard refresh, empty our cache, try a different brower.

However, hours later - without using 'save and publish' again, both the WWW version and the non-WWW version have the same content.

Does that make sense? Any ideas on what the issue is?

Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 26, 2013 @ 01:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chris and welcome to our :)

How have you setup your website? Sound very odd - has the hostname for the website been added to your homepage node in Umbraco?

Btw you should make sure that requests for the non-www version is 301 redirected to the www version or vice versa since you risk having duplicate content, which will derank your website in search engines and you really don't want that!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Apr 26, 2013 @ 11:53
    Chris Harrington

Thanks Jan,

We started this project back in December,so I'm assuming we added the hostname to the homepage node.  Where would I do that?

The 301 redirects are indeed in place.

thank you!

Chris

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 26, 2013 @ 12:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chris

Hostnames should be added to the home page node - I just noticed you wrote 4.11.1...has this installation always been 4.11.1 or has it been upgraded from earlier versions?

/Jan

Apr 26, 2013 @ 13:36
    Chris Harrington

Hi Jan,

It's always been 4.11.1 - and I found out how to add the hostname.  Simple right click :0

thanks

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft