Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• BenH 59 posts 199 karma points
    Apr 28, 2013 @ 02:23
    BenH

New content being redirected to default site root after full site republish

I have a multi lingual site and I'm trying to add an additional site to the same instance of umbraco.  I copied all relevant templates/document types, etc and it was working fine until I used the republish site URL:

http://domain/Umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true

And now the new content I've created is being re-directed back to my default site home page.  Any new content I create outside that root folder just gets redirected.  

My setup:

Umbraco 6.0.3

Windows IIS7

MSSQL 2008

I have 4 homepages:

en-us/    en-ca/   fr-ca/   and the new one which is being redirected to the default, en-us/

What information would someone need to help answer this question? Sorry, I'm new to umbraco and Windows IIS.

Thanks!

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Apr 28, 2013 @ 07:36
    Rich Green

Hey Ben,

Welcome to the forum!

You can to right click each home node 'en-us','en-ca' etc. and select 'Manage Hostnames'

Rich

Apr 28, 2013 @ 17:29
    BenH

Thanks Rich, 

None of the previous home nodes (en-us, fr-ca) have any hostnames yet.  Should I add them here?  The site was working fine with out them, only when I added a new home node and did a full site republish did it start redirecting all new content to the default home node.  

Apr 28, 2013 @ 17:33
    BenH

Also, when I republish from the backoffice, it timesout and gives me an error, but doing it from the url method seems to work ok, except it's causing my new home node to be redirected...

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2013 @ 18:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi BenH

On each of your root sites you should add a hostname where you enter the correct hostname for each and set the culture. Then you should be able to republish the entire site and access your content.

Also make sure that you set <useDomainPrefixes> to true in the umbracoSettings.config file found in the /config/ folder. Otherwise you will be able to access page from site 1 on site 2 and vice versa, which could lead to duplicate content issues. And you really don't want that :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 28, 2013 @ 18:13
    BenH

Hi Jan, 

Did all those things and the behavoir is still persisting.  Each Home node has it's own domain name : xxx.xxx.corp/en-us and then xxx.xxx.corp/ivans for the new pages I've created.  This is on my dev server behind a company VPN, otherwise I would post a link for everyone!

UseDomainPrefixes is set to true and I even removed the reference to the urlrewrites.config thinking that may have something to do with it and nada.  

It began doing this after a used the URL to republish the site. 

May 09, 2013 @ 17:47
    BenH

Figured out the answer to this: the agency that build the site wrote some user controls which set the default site instead of using Umbraco to do it They added in the new site and it works. 

How would you go about setting up a multi-lingual and multi-domain site on the same Umbraco instance?  Is that possible? 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft