Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Apr 30, 2013 @ 21:09
    Eric Schrepel

Umbraco requiring login to display any /media items

Mostly my fault, but we have Umbraco 6.0.3 installed, and were trying to add a simple network share to the /media folder so our network users could update some files manually (outside the UI).

But then the site wouldn't display any media images, and clicking anything that links to a media item would force an umbraco Login (it redirects to our Login page, which we only use on a couple of content nodes).

Removed the share, re-ran our modified setPermissions.bat file (from this article) but it's still not displaying media items and requiring logins. Our /media folder has R/W permissions the APPPOOL\umbracoapp user [batch line is icacls media /grant "IIS APPPOOL\umbracoapp":(OI)(CI)M  ]

Have no idea what permissions to continue to try (or if something else weird changed) to get things working again; any thoughts?

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Apr 30, 2013 @ 22:46
    Eric Schrepel

Update: So I tried a few things which did *not* work (restored website, applied 6.0.3->6.0.4 update, ran /install/?installstep=filepermissions), then as last resort changed permissions on /media to add the usergroup Everyone, with Read permission. Solved the issue of media images not displaying and other media items requiring login when clicked.

My question remains tho: everything says my permissions were set correctly (had appropriate permissions for that APPPOOL\umbracoapp), yet it would always redirect to our custom login page. So confused.

• Wouter 49 posts 76 karma points
    Jul 25, 2013 @ 17:45
    Wouter

Hi, same problem here. Something seems to be wrong with the default member-provider setup. Please vote for the issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2546

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft