Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• philw 99 posts 434 karma points
    May 07, 2013 @ 19:16
    philw

6.0.5 breaks node sorting

When I try to sort nodes the JS is simply broken (drag and drop not working). The console shows:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'addParser' of undefined

It worked fine on 6.0.3. Broken on Chrome and IE10 at least.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 07, 2013 @ 22:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi philw

Perhaps this should be reported as a bug on the issue tracker here issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4

Remember to post the link to the issue in here so others can go vote if they see this post.

Cheers,
    Jan 

May 07, 2013 @ 23:28
    philw

No problem, this part of the forum appeared to be defect related, didn't see the defects database there.

Here you go:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2201

May 08, 2013 @ 09:39
    philw

Oh, another error in the console:

http://X.Y.com/umbraco_client/tablesorting/jquery.tablesorter.min.js?cdv=2 404 (Not Found)

There are in fact two relevant directories in my deployed system, deployed according to the instructions (that is: overwritten). One is called:

•  "tablesorting"

The other:

•  "Tablesorting"

I think you can see what's coming here. The lowercase directory was in the 6.0.5 distribution; the Capitalized version looks older. The required file is in the lower case directory (which appears to be what's getting looked for), not in the other one. The work around then is to copy that minified jquery file from the old "Tablesorting" directory and drop a copy in the new "tablesorting" directory. 

Then it works again.

• Ali Sheikh Taheri 470 posts 1648 karma points c-trib
    Oct 15, 2013 @ 17:19
    Ali Sheikh Taheri

I am having the same problem, I've followed all the solution within the issue tracker but no luck.

I am using Umbraco 6.0.5 and have upgraded that from 6.0.3

any thought on this?

Cheers

Ali

• Ali Sheikh Taheri 470 posts 1648 karma points c-trib
    Oct 15, 2013 @ 17:34
    Ali Sheikh Taheri

found the solution.

I've upgraded from 6.0.3 to 6.0.5 and the following files where not included in the project so it didn't get transferred to any of our the servers (Dev, staging and production)

so in case anyone else have the same problem, first check if these files exist:

\umbraco_client\Dialogs\SortDialog.js
    \umbraco_client\Dialogs\SortDialog.css

Update: having added those 2 files. I still had to change the ClientDependency version number to include the js file

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft