Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TimMather 67 posts 78 karma points
    May 10, 2013 @ 11:46
    TimMather

6.0.5 Site very slow, faster when in Debug Mode?

I have a site that we recently upgrade to 6.0.5. The site is running very slow. Almost like for every page the AppPool is being recycled? When I run the site with ?umbDebugShowTrace=true it runs much quicker?? Any ideas. I have tried a clean copy of the 6.0.5 upgrade and that did nothing. I have tried republishing the entire site and that didn't do anything either. Using Googles dev tools I can see its the actual page that is slow, all images, stylesheets and javascript load quick. Its also almost unusable in the backend of the site.

• William Burnett 213 posts 262 karma points
    May 14, 2013 @ 15:42
    William Burnett

I have noticed the same thing moving from 6.0 rc to 6.0.5

• TimMather 67 posts 78 karma points
    May 14, 2013 @ 16:54
    TimMather

What is the best way to raise this issue with there team?

• Mikael Syska 24 posts 91 karma points
    May 14, 2013 @ 17:34
    Mikael Syska

Maybe its related to my issue ... seeing SQL traffic when there should not be any: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/40884-Umbraco-61-beta2-MiniProfiler-Duplicate-SQL

Wrong thread I know ... I will keep it there. Maybe an admin can move it to this forum.

#TimMather: You can try and upgrade it to Umbraco 6.1-BETA2 ... seems stable other than it do 2 SQL selects for no reason.

If you upgrade you can turn on the Mini Profiler, to see whats actually slow. Great tool they have included.

mvh
    Mikael Syska 

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 06, 2014 @ 19:38

I have the exact same problem with a 6.1.5 installation. When I disable debug mode, each page takes more than 5 seconds to load. When I ENABLE debug mode, pages load instantly. 

With debug mode off, processor goes up to 25% (on a VM) and it's 5 seconds or more, regardless whether it's a simple content page or a page iterating a couple thousand nodes. Caching macros has no effect.

I couldn't find any other reference to this issue and I was surprised that I even found this one. So has anyone else experienced the same thing? I wouldn't like to put the site in production with debug enabled. Something delays it and, ironically, I can't use debug mode to see what :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft