Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ianhoughton 281 posts 605 karma points c-trib
    May 14, 2013 @ 16:54
    ianhoughton

Link to document not updating

We have an issue that the Link to Document is not getting updated when moving content using the Right Click menu option. This only occurs on our staging and live servers, but not our local installation !!

Umbraco version 4.11.5

Local dev: Windows Server 2008 IIS 7

Staging: Windows Server 2003 IIS6

Live: Windows Server 2008 IIS 7

If we unpublish the node, and then republish, the link is corrected.

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    May 23, 2013 @ 12:46
    Stephen

Just to be sure I understand: right-click on a node, move to a new position in the tree, and Link to document is not updated. Right?

If you select (click on) the node again in the tree, Link to document still is not updated?

The link is only updated when you republish the node?

Before you republish... which url is actually working for that node, the old one or the new one?

That would indicate that some cache is not being cleared... though I don't understand why it would not do it consistently on all environments.

May 23, 2013 @ 16:02
    ianhoughton
    1. Original URL = /about-us/test
    2. Right click on node and move to new section "research"
    3. URL should now be = /research/test but the Link to document still reads /about-us/test
    4. Clicking the Link to document with the incorrect link works ok.
    5. Unpublishing the page completely (which removes the Link to document) and then republishing corrects the issue.
    May 23, 2013 @ 16:06
    ianhoughton

Could it be a strange permissions issue ? On my local dev machine moving content in the tree works faultlessly. As soon as the site is on the staging & production servers the issue appears. (although the site is an exact copy)

May 23, 2013 @ 17:55
    ianhoughton

Right, it's not a permissions issue as I've brought a copy of the staging site down to my dev machine and its still happening.

Don't think it's related to this issue as this is a fresh 4.11.5 install.

May 23, 2013 @ 18:22
    Stephen

Strange. However... this usually happens when the move actually did not end well. It looks like everything was OK but internally Umbraco did not finish the move, and more precisely did not refresh the cache... do you have any event handlers, anything special that might alter how "move" works? Also, it can be triggered by Examine having locked some index files, anything that would throw an exception that would be hidden by Umbraco but abort the move.

May 24, 2013 @ 09:41
    ianhoughton

I do have some events in the App_Code folder for publish & save but I've removed these temporarily for testing.

Looking at the umbraco.config after a node move and the path attribute still has the old parent node id i.e path="-1,1047,1063,2640"

1063 should have changed to 1062 after the move.

Just checked the umbraco logs and am getting this error:

Error Republishing: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at umbraco.content.LoadContentFromDatabase()

May 24, 2013 @ 10:09
    Stephen

So it seems that the content cache is not refreshed, ie the umbraco.config file is not updated. And that would be because the exception you're seeing it stopping the process before it properly ends. Is that error all you have in the log? Do you have more infos re. the error, ie a complete stacktrace of some sort?

May 28, 2013 @ 12:47
    ianhoughton

That's the only info in the log table, is there a way to get more info ?

The error:

Error Republishing: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at umbraco.content.LoadContentFromDatabase()

is assigned to the NodeId of -1 which is the homenode, is that intentional, or does it mean the error is with this node ?

May 28, 2013 @ 12:55
    Stephen

Ah... in the log table... but in App_Data/Logs?

May 28, 2013 @ 13:07
    ianhoughton

I cleared out the latest txt file and then tried moving again, which inserted 366 new lines, which were all INFO. No mention of any errors.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft