Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ian 35 posts 135 karma points
    May 14, 2013 @ 17:53
    ian

losing content/media nodes after clicking save and publish

Hi everyeone,

I have setup up a locahost site attempting to add products/items to my website before going live. As an example I have just uploaded half a dozen images/pdfs to the media section and updated the menu with the new products. I have clicked save and publish each time. I have then logged off and closed webmatrix 3 then gone back in to the backend and the content/media i have just added doesn't appear in the media section or content tree??? I have checked the umbraco.config file and the data is there from the menu items i have changed and the media folder has the images/pdfs i have just uploaded(as well as duplicate copies from each time i have tried to save them) Yet I cant access them from the backend nodes. I know if i republish the site the umbraco.config file will lose the menu item data i have just entered for good. It is very hit and miss (I really enjoy using umbraco but I dont want to be contantly losing data) 

Please help.

ian

• SLL 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 22:11
    SLL

I'm having exactly the same problems (but in 611).  I think it's down to webmatrix...  read somewhere that you should try IIS directly but don't know how to do this.

Sai.

• SLL 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 00:54
    SLL

Found a work around that seems to work most of the time when making content changes (but not sure why).   Every time a change is made, and the changes are saved (I save and publish everytime because I'm working locally), I also republish the entire website.

For crying out loud, Umbraco can't be this bad, can it?  How come no one else has found the same problem??

Sai.

• Andrew 47 posts 105 karma points
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 16:40
    Andrew

Webmatrix 3 seems to be having a fair amount of problems.

• Ismail Ahmad 7 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 03, 2015 @ 03:00
    Ismail Ahmad

Anyone have a solution for this problem?? i have experience the same problem in umbraco 7.2.6... i've been doing my work for making content and a datatype for a day, and i save and re publish it.. and after i close my visual studio and open it again the next day it was gone...??? all the content i have done was gone, but strangely the frontpage view still previewing my last setting.. plz somebody, how do i recover this?? or there are any way to prevent this??

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft