Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ramon Rojas 5 posts 25 karma points
    May 14, 2013 @ 21:02
    Ramon Rojas

Cannot delete property from Document type

Hello, I am trying to delete several properties on document types but the action is timing out and returns the error message. After this, I am getting errors also on the Content section if I click on any node that has the property. The error is:

Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: Property metaKeywords(29) on Content Type MeetingList could not be retrieved for Document 3178 ..... etc..

Is there a way to fix this by running some sql statements on the DB directly?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2013 @ 22:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ramon and welcome to our :)

What version of Umbraco are you seeing this issue on?

What browser are you using? And is this a live site you're trying to remove some properties on?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Ramon Rojas 5 posts 25 karma points
    May 15, 2013 @ 23:37
    Ramon Rojas

Thanks Jan. Your help is much appreciated. This is on a pre-production server we are using to apply new updates to the Production. This is running Umbraco v 4.11.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4715.27659)

and is being hosted in Amazon. Thanks to a tip I found on http://www.richardsoeteman.net/2009/10/27/FixObjectReferenceNotSetErrorAfterAddingOrDeletingADocumentProperty.aspx, I was able to programmatically recreate the properties on the document types where it has been deleted. I did not attempt deleting from the code and that is one test pending. But it seems that when I try to delete a property that is used by many nodes, the process times out, even after enabling an ample 20 minutes execution timeout. It doesnot matter what browser is used, but usually is either Chrome or Firefox. I would be happy if you can share any tip you might know to get this done or find out if it has to do with something wrong on my particular Umbraco installation environment.. etc.. or is it just some kind of known issues attached to deleting properties from sites with lots of nodes. Another thing I have been looking at, was that we were not limiting the versioning, so maybe that also plays a part on the slowness. I would appreciate all you can help with as we are all very excited in our team using Umbraco and has allowed us to work really fast on project deliveries.

Ramon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft