Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Umbraco Version: Tried on 6, 6.03, 6.05
Windows: tried on both 2008 R2 and Azure
SQL Server : Tried on 2012 Express and CE4.
We seem to be experiencing an undeterministic bug where a page request sometimes gets the following error.
Refreshing the page usually fixes it, but we can't identify the cause of the problem.
Has anyone seen this behaviour before? We would appreciate any info regarding where to look.
In SQL CE:
System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeDataReader.GetByte(Int32 ordinal) +84
In SQL Server Express:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Specified cast is not valid.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
[InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.]
umbraco.DataLayer.RecordsReaderAdapter`1.GetByte(String fieldName) +147
umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.MacroProperty.GetProperties(Int32 MacroId) +314
umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.MacroModel..ctor(Macro m) +232
umbraco.macro..ctor(String alias) +368
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +186
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +421
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2098
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18034
I have also encountered the same problem. Mine is a multisite deployment, and I have not found a solution yet.
I had the same error after upgrading from 4.7.2 to 7.1.8. On my computer it worked, but on deployment server I got "Specified cast is not valid". The full error log was:
I suspect the database backup (BAK) from my computer was the problem, but can't tell what it was. I fixed the error by deploying the actual MDF and LDF files from the database. I gave all users Full Control on these two files and then attached them to the SQL Server. The problem was solved.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted