Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Provence 12 posts 32 karma points
    May 17, 2013 @ 20:35
    Jason Provence

Permission inheritance change?

Previously on my 4.7 build I was able to make a user group that started with 0 permissions by default, then add permissions to each user.  If a person had create permissions on a node, then their created nodes under that would retain the same permissions.

Now it seems that newly created nodes do not retain the permissions and instead revert to the default for the usergroup.  This is causing my users to create a page and then instantly receive the "access deneid" message.

We have many users and many nodes.  Am I doing something incorrectly or is there a better way to acheive this type of permission structure where new users typically only have access to 1 or 2 nodes?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 17, 2013 @ 21:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jason

What current version of Umbraco are you using? And by users do you then actually think of members? (Used for creating a login on the frontend of the website for instance).

If I remember correctly some changes were made in 4.7.1 or 4.7.2.

/Jan

• Jason Provence 12 posts 32 karma points
    May 17, 2013 @ 22:19
    Jason Provence

Currently I am on 6.0.5.  My previous version was 4.7.2.  I am thinking of Users.  We have 30+ people that make edits to this website and they are having the "access denied" issue happen as soon as they create any new content.

Thanks for your help Jan! 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft