Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 5 posts 24 karma points
    May 24, 2013 @ 19:23
    John

Can't see created folders and uploaded images

I created a series of folders and uploaded a bunch of stuff into umbraco.  I didn't do anything else.  A few hours later I log back in and a bunch of those folders with the images are not appearing in the umbarco interface.  I checked the physical media folder and it appears that the uploaded content is there, but umbraco backend doesn't see it. .

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 25, 2013 @ 11:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

What version of Umbraco are you running? And where is the site running? Is it hosted on a server you control or is it on shared hosting? Please provide as much information as possible - That will make it easier to give you some usefull pointers.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• John 5 posts 24 karma points
    May 28, 2013 @ 14:21
    John

I've been messing with it more.  I ended up deleting everything from the media folder and the trash.  Then deleted everything that wasn't deleted from the physical media folder.  I then created new folders through the Umbraco interface in the media folder and uploaded everything.  Then logged out and since I was working locally closed web matrix.  Then restarted eveything and logged back in to find nothing in the media directory of umbraco.  I believe I was using 6.0.0

Im now starting over with a fresh install on our own web server using the latest version of umbraco 6.0.5.  I used web platform installer to get things going which for some reason installed the site in a virtual directory and was having issues getting things to upload.  If I created an image node file and then uploaded a file it seemed to work fine, but I needed to load 100s of files so I was trying to use the green button to allow me to bulk upload.  When I cued up a series of files to upload in the popup and clicked upload the status of each was a red bar and nothing uploaded.  I've now moved the site so it wasnt in a virtual directory and the upload is working again. I don't have all my files back in yet, but initial attemp seems to be workin. Ill do some more testing and see what happens.  I'm wondering if there was something wrong in the older version of umbraco or if it has something to do with working locally in web matrix.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft