Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arman 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 11, 2013 @ 12:16
    Arman

Can't install package uBlogsy

Hi,

I can't install (umbraco v 4.7.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4281.20201)) the package 'uBlogsy'. I'm trying it with the umbraco installer. Whilst installing I get this error message:

"System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.ArgumentException: Could not find a IDataType control matching DataEditorId 7e062c13-7c41-4ad9-b389-41d88aeef87c in the controls collection. To correct this, check the data type definition in the developer section or ensure that the package/control is installed correctly.

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.GetNewObject(Guid DataEditorId)

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.Import(XmlNode xmlData)

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir)

at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep)

at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)"

I'm not an Umbraco expert, was just trying to install the package. With googling I found it probably means I'm missing some DLL files, or some permissions are not set. I don't know if creating a new datatype is the solution, and what that datatype should be.

I hope some of you can help me. Thanks in advance.

• Steve Temple 63 posts 324 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 17, 2013 @ 23:58
    Steve Temple

Did you get to the bottom of this, you're correct that 0x80004005 errors are usually permissions. It would be worth checking that you, or the web server process, has write permission to the website's folders before investigating any further.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft