Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rick van der Zwart 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 10:56
    Rick van der Zwart

Umbraco v6.0.5 - Vanishing Content

I'm using Umbraco CMS4 v6.0.5 through Microsoft WebMatrix, and I've encountered a very strange bug that has baffled my colleagues and even my superiors.

Yesterday, I spent all day creating brands and products in my website's Content section of Umbraco. These only contained filler brands and products the day before, but I removed them all and replaced them with real ones. I've never touched anything other than the Content and Media sections all day, and I haven't touched any settings in WebMatrix.

However, when I came back today, my settings had been completely scrambled! The changes I've made yesterday are still visible on my website and in umbraco.config, but they have been reverted back to the filler brands and products in the Content section and in the cmsContentXml file! Right now, it's like my website somehow pulls the data from something that no longer visibly exists.

Additionally, I've had to use an outside program to check the cmsContentXml file, because WebMatrix crashes whenever I try to open it within that program.

Has anybody encountered a similar problem, and perhaps knows how to solve it?

• Andrew 47 posts 105 karma points
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 16:38
    Andrew

I've had some problems with content reverting to old versions after I update them.

Usually I use the republish entire site feature which clears the umbraco cache. That will sometimes fix the issue, other times refreshing the browser and clearing its cache.

As for the webmatrix issues, I am on webmatrix 3 and I can't get it to install anything. Always crashes with a permissions issue.

• Thomas 66 posts 88 karma points
    Aug 12, 2013 @ 01:02
    Thomas

I have the excact same problem - also umb 6.0.5

It seems that content is writtten to the database, but when restarting the app pool/the site in webmatrix all new data is lost!! cmsContentXml  also makes my webmatrix crash.

The solution does not seem to be republishing, since all data is not there, therefore republishing just deletes the last remains of the content (umbraco.config). We're not talking about the cache, but vanished data from the backoffice! 

Did you find any solution to the problem?

I hope this issue is isolated to webmatrix and sqlce (sdf-files). Could it be a corrupt sdf-file?

• Glenn 28 posts 101 karma points
    Aug 19, 2013 @ 02:27
    Glenn

Hey there guys.. I was having a similar issue. I think I have resolved it by adding "modify" permission to "App_Data". watch this space, but for now it seems to be working fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft