Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Louise Newell 17 posts 67 karma points
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 14:06
    Louise Newell

save button not working

I have upgraded from 4.11.8 to 6.1.1, all seemed OK. I have 2 umbraco sites, one on my local PC using SQL CE and one on a server using full SQL. I have been using Courier to send stuff between the 2 sites.But now the save button is not working in some areas on the server site. It works fine for most things including templates. It does not work for stylesheets, scripting (cshtml), and xslt. No error messages anywhere, just does nothing when button is pressed. Folder permisssions are OK. Works OK on local PC and can't see any differences between the 2 sites. I can create new css, scripts, and xslt's just not make any changes. Any ideas?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 16:32
    Tom Fulton

Strange!  Can you check your browser's console to see if any JS errors are being thrown?  You might also try running Fiddler or similar to see if you're getting any 500 errors back from a webservice when you click the button -- or if anything even happens at all.  Barring those you can also try checking the log file in /App_Data/Logs/ for any hints - my guess would be one of the first two will show an error though.

Jun 21, 2013 @ 10:04
    Louise Newell

No errors at all, not in JS, not in fiddler, not in umbraco logs. It's like the event is not firing. Checked folder permission's. I'm stumped!

Jun 21, 2013 @ 10:06
    Louise Newell

I thought it affected everything that was in a folder (ie stylesheets in \css etc), but then found templates are saving OK.

Jun 21, 2013 @ 17:05
    Tom Fulton

Hmm - not sure what else to suggest if you're not seeing errors anywhere.  I would guess it might be a permissions issue though, since it works locally?  Or maybe some files didn't get deployed properly?

• Kasper 4 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 24, 2013 @ 13:47
    Kasper

I have a similar problem, can not save xslt, css, script and scripting but other document types works fine ..

I can create new xslt, css, script and scripting files - but can not save changes afterwards.

I have an installation upgraded from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6. I can not see any permissions missing ... I see no errors in Firebug -> Net and in Umbraco log and Umbraco db log.

I will try to degrade to 6.0.5 and see if that helps it!

Any help appreciated!

Jun 25, 2013 @ 03:27
    Tom Fulton

Kasper - Just to clarify, have you checked for JS errors also?

One other suggestion I just thought of, since both of these are upgrades, have you tried clearing your ClientDependency cache?  Steps are:

- Delete files in /App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency (might be in /data or /App_Data/ClientDependency depending on your install)

- Open /config/clientDependency.config and increase the version attribute by 

- Touch your web.config

Worth a try :)

-Tom

Jun 25, 2013 @ 07:56
    Kasper

@Tom

Thanks for the suggestions ..

No JS errors has occured.

I´ve deleted the files in ClientDependency

Increased the version attribute to 5

And touched web.config

Still i´m not able to save css, js, scripts and scripting

Degrading to 6.0.5 helped .. but then i tried upgrading to 6.1.1 and the problem reoccured.

So state right now is that i´m running 6.0.5.

Jun 25, 2013 @ 12:06
    Louise Newell

Same here: no JS errors, tried the Client Dependancy thing, but no joy.

Jun 25, 2013 @ 12:39
    Louise Newell

OK so given it all another go. I am getting 1 JS error at the point of opening the Developer tab: before opening or editing or saving xslt.

1. Uncaught Error: Unable to parse binding attribute. Message: ReferenceError: loading is not defined; Attribute value: visible: loading() knockout-1.2.1.js:115

Knockout being part of uGoLive package which came preinstalled so can't uninstall.... so installed from zip (uGoLive_1.1) tried again no joy, uninstalled UgoLive tried again no joy, re-installed uGoLive no joy.

Don't know if this is connected but still unable to save.

Jun 25, 2013 @ 17:06
    Tom Fulton

Hi Louise,

Sounds like it's not related since it only happens in the developer tab.  To fix that error though, you might try uninstalling any custom versions of uGoLive as it's now included in the core by default - maybe there's a conflicting version issue?

Not sure what else to check on the Save button - have you tried the ClientDependency clearing mentioned above?

Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:10
    Louise Newell

Cheers, given up on the uGoLive aspect! Tried installing and uninstalling to no avail. So this morning I have taken the site back to 4.11.8 (hoping no database changes to screw things up) All OK and save button working. So next took it up to version 6.0.6, but problem re-appears. So I'm thinking maybe I have something wrong in one of the config files?

Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:12
    Kasper

@Louise

Have you tried up- or degrading to 6.0.5? .. it is running on my server without the save problem.

Jun 26, 2013 @ 18:30
    Tom Fulton

For kicks I just tested an upgrade from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6 and didn't see any problems saving xslt files.  I did notice there's a lot of changes surrounding the editXslt page (and others).  What procedure did you follow for your upgrade?  /Umbraco/Settings/Xslt/editXslt.aspx has changed, did that get updated on your install?  Also a lot of the JS for these pages were moved into /Umbraco_Client/Editors/*

The upgrade also cleared my ClientDependency cache - so make sure you've done that as well

Jun 27, 2013 @ 10:20
    Kasper

@Tom

You might be on to something ... i´ve followed the instructions at http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/general

So i tried your newest suggestions:

I replaced /Umbraco/Settings/ and /Umbraco_Client/Editors/ with version 6.1.1 files....

And now its working!

Thank you for the time an effort you have provided to help!!!

Jun 27, 2013 @ 14:10
    Louise Newell

Well done, you've found it. My site does not appear to have /Umbraco/Setings/Xslt/ folder, but things are definately amis in the Umbraco/Settings folder. This morning I have scrapped my problem site, keeping a backup of the folders, and re-created it afresh at version 6.1.1 . Comparing the new fresh install to the upgraded 6.1.1 and to the original 4.11.8 The files in upgraded 6.1.1 match in date and size to the original 4.11.8 and these differ from the fresh 6.1.1. Similarly with the files in /umbraco_client/editors. The upgrade did not appear to have created the new files in here, fresh build is OK. 

Many thanks

Jun 27, 2013 @ 14:16
    Louise Newell

On my installations the editXslt.aspx files are in /Umbraco/Developer/Xslt/  :)

Jun 27, 2013 @ 17:27
    Tom Fulton

Ah yeah I think I may have mis-typed that :)

Anyway, sounds like you're all working by adding/overwriting the missing files?  Glad you got it fixed!

• Usman 9 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 28, 2015 @ 14:40
    Usman

Hi,

i am unable to save and edit document type,css and macros bcz my save button is not working. any suggestions. i have upgrade my umbraco version 7.2.2 to 7.2.4 and i have cleared my client dependency files as well but still m unable to save doctye,css and macros but my templates are getting save with same save buttons but others are not saving. even i can change my password in users same save button is not working.. some javascripts_dopsotback alert showing bottom of the page.

Please if anyone got this issue and fix it please help me..

Thanks in advance..

Regards Usb

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft