Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• joyefox 25 posts 95 karma points
    Jul 03, 2013 @ 14:05
    joyefox

Macro personalized cache with custom membership provider

Hello,

we're using umbraco v4 and we implemented a custom membership provider. Now we're trying to enable macro personalized caching. After struggling through too many cache misses we tried to debug Umbraco code involved in the operation. We saw that cache key generation mechanism requires "Member" nodes for the current user, BUT in our case this is not applicable. We are not creating ANY member node for our front-end users, we're using our custom asp.net membership provider.

Right now, we're not able to see any workaround to make personalized caching work togheter with our custom membership provider.

Could we make this stuff work somehow? We really need to have caching because our portal is too slow when performing callbacks since macros are being executed each time... and this is really time consuming.

Thank you! 

Regards,

Matteo

• Elias 25 posts 108 karma points
    Apr 12, 2014 @ 02:00
    Elias

Hi Matteo, i have the same issue on umb 6.1.5 did you get any workaround ?

BR

Elias.

Apr 14, 2014 @ 14:32
    joyefox

Hi Elias, at now I've no solution for this problem. It seems that the only way is to add a "parallel" member object in order to have personalized cache working.

Maybe this link could be useful although it's for v 4.7: http://www.blogfodder.co.uk/2012/7/19/dealing-with-1000%E2%80%99s-of-members-in-umbraco-without-the-api-or-examine

Matteo

Apr 14, 2014 @ 14:44
    Elias

Hi Matteo,thanks for the feedback. I was able to get this working changing 2 line of code on one single class on the umb source, it seems to work ok, the fix apply for v6, as far i can see for v4 its almost the same fix.

If you want I can provide with the source modification. I haven't made a pull request to the umbraco source yet, but I will if i don't get any error.

Elias,

Apr 14, 2014 @ 23:08
    joyefox

Ok it'd be great! thanks

Apr 15, 2014 @ 03:51
    Elias

Hi Matteo,

Elias

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: