Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Bentley 21 posts 41 karma points
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 13:54
    Craig Bentley

TinyMCE spellcheck error. You must write ContentLength bytes to the request stream.

I am running umbraco 4.9.0 with the default tinymce installed. I have enabled spellcheck option for the RTE datatype but when I click on the button in backend to run a spellcheck I get a popup with the following runtime error below. I have read lots of articles blaming google api and a change to the use of https urls but not many with the same error as me. Can anyone help me please?

You must write ContentLength bytes to the request stream before calling [Begin]GetResponse.

Stack Trace:

[ProtocolViolationException: You must write ContentLength bytes to the request stream before calling [Begin]GetResponse.] System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() +8522822 umbraco.presentation.umbraco_client.tinymce3.plugins.spellchecker.GoogleSpellChecker.SendRequest(String lang, String data) +546 umbraco.presentation.umbraco_client.tinymce3.plugins.spellchecker.GoogleSpellChecker.CheckWords(String language, String[] words) +97 umbraco.presentation.umbraco_client.tinymce3.plugins.spellchecker.GoogleSpellChecker.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +298 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +913 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +165 
  • William Burnett 213 posts 262 karma points
    Jul 14, 2013 @ 23:06
    William Burnett

Craig,

The spell checker has not really worked since version 3.  There have been some hacks to get it to work, but none of them have ever found their way into the releases and therefore often break with updates. You will either be told to go create an issue in the issue tracker and "vote it up" or that "umbraco is not a word processor and therefore spell check is not a priority." Good luck... but don't hold your breath, you will turn blue. 

• Craig Bentley 21 posts 41 karma points
    Jul 15, 2013 @ 10:54
    Craig Bentley

Ok thanks for that info.

I have turned the option off for now and simply told users to spellcheck content before input which seems a better option than a button that may/may not work. I know you could argue its down to the tinymce plugin developers but not the point really. Why have a spellcheck button that doesnt work. I wont dwell on it though!!

Cheers

Craig.

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Dec 21, 2013 @ 21:26
    Seth Niemuth

In case someone comes to this thread looking for a solution, there is an alternative spellchecker now: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/hunspellchecker which doesn't use the google services.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft