Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Glenn 28 posts 101 karma points
    Aug 15, 2013 @ 15:52
    Glenn

Media Succesfully uploaded, but not visible in media tree

This is happening after upgrading from v4.7.2 to v6.3.1

Everything is working as expected in the media section.

I can upload new media. I can see that it was physically uploaded and it appears succesfully when I search for it.

However it is not appearing in the media tree? Any ideas? It is also not appearing in the media picker tree from the content area. Its like umbraco is not recognising these new media uploads as media types?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 15, 2013 @ 16:03
    Dave Woestenborghs

How do upload your media. In the media section or with a upload datatype on your doctype. If it's the last the files won't show up in the media section

• Glenn 28 posts 101 karma points
    Aug 15, 2013 @ 16:55
    Glenn

Nope, was through the media section.

I did manage to partially come right though.

It seems like it will not allow the creation of new Items(folders, Images or files) in the root.

I can create items in a folder that was there previously. I have worked around some of the old folder names so that it will work fine going forward. I thought maybe there was a limit as to how many nodes could be in the root. It might also have something to do with the "allowed in root node" property, even though I have set these to all "allow".

Not.. sure. Anyway. This solution will work fine for now.

Thanks for your reply.

Oh and btw.. I have a separate new installation of 6.3.1 that is not having this issue so may also be related to the upgrade.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft