Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Oct 18, 2013 @ 21:04
    karen

edit user error: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 364, position 118.

When I try to edit a user, I click on the user and get the following error - 

not sure where to look to fix this?

Umbraco v6.1.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.4927.23554)

Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 364, position 118.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 364, position 118.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 364, position 118.]
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) +73
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg) +122
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InvalidCharRecovery(Int32& bytesCount, Int32& charsCount) +214
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.GetChars(Int32 maxCharsCount) +137
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ReadData() +371
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseCDataOrComment(XmlNodeType type, Int32& outStartPos, Int32& outEndPos) +81
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseCDataOrComment(XmlNodeType type) +226
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent() +4121859
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() +34
       System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace) +57
       System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) +20
       System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) +131
       System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +114
       System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) +128
       umbraco.cms.presentation.user.EditUser.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +762
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207
    Oct 21, 2013 @ 16:17
    karen

Do no one have any ideas on how to fix this?

Should I post in the UI or other section of this forum?

Oct 21, 2013 @ 18:02
    karen

ok found the issue.

In /Umbraco/Config/lang/, some of the xml files had some funky characters inserted into them.  I am not sure how they got there?  (only guess I have is the archaic source control we using did something to them).

I replaced all the .xml files there with new versions from the umbraco install zip and all works OK now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft