This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrea Orimoto 16 posts 34 karma points
    Oct 09, 2009 @ 11:50
    Andrea Orimoto

Metaweblog API returning an error if "Excerpt" filed is selected

Hello everybody,

here's my configuration:

1. Umbraco 4.0.2.1
    2. tested on Standalone and 3 servers config (distributedCall=true)
    3. ASP.NET 2.0
    4. windows server 2003 R2 SP2 (ja)
    5. Windows Live Writer (build 14.0.8089.726 en) OR Word 2007

If I configure the Content Channel without selecting the Excerpt field everything works like a beauty. I can create new posts and edit existing posts using both Windows Live Writer (WLW) and Word 2007 (BEAUTIFUL!). 

If I set the Excerpt field then both WLW and Word fail with the following repro.

1. Description is mapped to a Rich Text field
    2. Category is mapped to a Tags field
    3. Excerpt is mapped to a TextString Field (also tried with a RichText and a Textbox multiple)
    4. upon publishing i get a "Blog Server Error, Server Error 0 Occured, object reference not set to an instance of an object" (word gives a very generic "Word cannot publish this post" message)
    5. no umbraco log entries are available
    6. the node gets created, but it is not published
    7. if I try to re-save, it does the same thing, but it creates a new node (i.e. it does not edit the previous node I ust created)

I couldn't find anything recent in our.umbraco.org or forum.umbraco.org and no bug in codeplex (I found only this http://umbraco.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=12089, but it is quite old, it has no details and it appears to be closed)

Anybody experiencing this issue?

Thanks a lot

Andrea

• Andrea Orimoto 16 posts 34 karma points
    Oct 14, 2009 @ 07:00
    Andrea Orimoto

My mistake, I put a wrong url in the <link rel... entries in the <head> of the document... The issue lamented in this post is a non issue.

thanks

andrea

• stc 72 posts 101 karma points
    May 25, 2010 @ 14:06
    stc

Could you please repeat your content channel/link rel...entry settings here?

I have the very same issue but am unable to fix it...I inserted the link rel into the master page of the document type being published via content channel/WLW...maybe it should be in the document type itself?!?

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft