Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• alimac 182 posts 371 karma points
    Nov 05, 2013 @ 10:47
    alimac

NullReferenceException randomly occurs after publishing

Hi guys,

I've started work on an existing site for a client where they seem to be experiencing a weird bug: At random intervals, whenever a node is saved and published it causes every node to display a yellow error screen, as below:

The only way we've managed to fix the problem is by deleting the umbraco.config file in App_Data and then bumping the web.config so the application rebuilds. This fix will last until the next random save and publish where the 'fix' will need to be repeated.

Due to the size of the site and number of content editors this problem seems to be happening quite often and it's becoming a real nuisance to have to keep deleting config files.

FYI we heard the bug could be fixed by upgrading to the latest version ie. 6.1.6, which we've done, but this hasn't fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

• alimac 182 posts 371 karma points
    Nov 05, 2013 @ 13:39
    alimac

After further exploration it seems it's because there's a publishing service that's trying to publish non-existant nodes. I tried setting PublishAt on a few of the nodes but this didn't work.. ever since I saved those nodes the service has been running, trying to publish and failing. I'm not sure why this is?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft