Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 18:11
    karen

edit macro error - The length of the query string for this request exceeds the configured maxQueryStringLength value.

Umbraco Version: Umbraco v6.1.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.4927.23554)

I have a macro with 2 textMultiline parameters.

When I put a macro on the page and put about a paragraph of text (633 characters) in each of the parameters, I get the following error when I try to edit the macro again:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The length of the query string for this request exceeds the configured maxQueryStringLength value.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The length of the query string for this request exceeds the configured maxQueryStringLength value.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[HttpException (0x80004005): The length of the query string for this request exceeds the configured maxQueryStringLength value.]
       System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateInputIfRequiredByConfig() +9095293
       System.Web.ValidateRequestExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +35
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1016

Nov 15, 2013 @ 20:21
    karen

Any help on this?  I am not sure how to fix this problem - the user needs to put in text to the macro (a form) to display different text before and after the form submits.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 15, 2013 @ 20:31
    Nov 15, 2013 @ 20:39
    karen

Thanks - but well not exactly the same - the problem is when I am in the Umbraco Editor, and I click the button to edit the macro.  Clicking that button does something on the umbraco side to bring up the macro field editor popup.  It's in that little window I see the error:

Here is a screen shot:

Nov 19, 2013 @ 18:05
    karen

Still no fix on this bug (is it a bug?).

The only other thing I can think of to do is not let the user edit the before and after messages via the macro

• SinkyPars 132 posts 175 karma points
    Nov 27, 2013 @ 21:07
    SinkyPars

Did anyone come across a fix for this?

When you change the maxQueryStringLength in the web.config the issue just makes the macro edit panel blank :S

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft