Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• xu zhao 1 post 50 karma points
    Nov 25, 2013 @ 05:01
    xu zhao

Can not create datatype in version 7.0.0

I just start to learn how to use the umbraco and I installed the umbraco 7.0.0 with assembly: 1.0.5073.23294 in a empty mvc 4 project via nuget. After login, I tried to create a data type with the render as checkbox list and then it notified me this error:

Failed to save data for data type id 0

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. 

Stack Trace: 

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at Umbraco.Web.PropertyEditors.ValueListPreValueEditor.ConvertEditorToDb(IDictionary`2 editorValue, PreValueCollection currentValue)
       at Umbraco.Web.Editors.DataTypeController.PostSave(DataTypeSave dataType)
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteAsync>b__4()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Is this a bug? Or I miss something during the setup? I only installed the Umbrac Cms Core Binaries and Umbraco Cms.
    Can anyone help me on this? thanks!!
  • Stephen Dougherty 23 posts 45 karma points
    Jul 13, 2014 @ 23:41
    Stephen Dougherty

Did you ever get a resolution to this?

I am getting the exact same error.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft