Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

  • Mark 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 27, 2013 @ 00:23

    auto publish not working on shared hosting environment

    I'm tring to used the 'publish at' field to do a delayed publish, I have a development server that I've been working on and everything goes as planned, I set a publish date/time and the page will publish properly. But when I go to the live site to do this the page will never get published.

    I did some checking on the live site and even if I set the publish time just a few minutes ahead the page will still not publish. The only difference I can see between my development site and the live site is that one is on  a shared hosting space.

  • David Sheiles 63 posts 332 karma points
    Nov 27, 2013 @ 00:51
    David Sheiles

    Just a quick Sugestion. Have you checked the time set on the server? The server may be in a different time zone than you?

    @DateTime.Now.ToString() should output the date/time of the server in razor.

  • Martin Kyukov 36 posts 230 karma points
    Jan 06, 2017 @ 14:02
    Martin Kyukov

    Any development on this? I have the same issue.

  • Martin Kyukov 36 posts 230 karma points
    Feb 12, 2018 @ 15:12
    Martin Kyukov

    If nobody can answer this then just close it.

  • David Sheiles 63 posts 332 karma points
    Feb 13, 2018 @ 06:42
    David Sheiles

    Hey Martin, If your still having the same issue, it might be worth posting it onto the Umbraco issue tracker to help get it fixed.

  • Niels Lynggaard 187 posts 524 karma points
    Feb 13, 2018 @ 07:43
    Niels Lynggaard

    It may be worth trying to set the baseUrl for scheduled tasks in /Config/umbracoSettings.config like this;

    <scheduledTasks baseUrl="">
    <!-- add tasks that should be called with an interval (seconds) -->
    <!--    <task log="true" alias="test60" interval="60" url="http://localhost/umbraco/test.aspx"/>-->

    although in versions later than 7.2.7 you need to specify the "umbracoApplicationUrl (also in /Config/umbracoSettings.config) like this;



    From the documentation;

    umbracoApplicationUrl: defines the Umbraco application url, ie how the server should reach itself. By default, Umbraco will guess that url from the first request made to the server. Use that setting if the guess is not correct (because you are behind a load-balancer, for example). Format is: "" ie it needs to contain the scheme (http/https), complete hostname, and umbraco path.

    It seems this property could fix your problem. See also;

    Hope this helps!


Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: