Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Panayiotis Tritakis 5 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 28, 2013 @ 14:32
    Panayiotis Tritakis

[7.0 - Document Type] Properties in multi-level inherited tab

Hello,

I think that I just hit a bug that is (rather obviously) related to a bug that existed in 6.0.1 and was fixed in 6.0.2 (as mentioned in http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2013/3/4/umbraco-602-released.aspx). However it looks like the fix is only working for a single level of inheritance and breaks further down...

Point in case (in a fresh 7.0 installation)... I have a document type tree like this:
    - [Base Document]
    -- [Content Page]
    --- [Home]

In the [Base Document] document type there exists a 'Content' property tab with some generic properties (title, etc). In the [Content Page] document type I can add properties to the 'Content' property tab without any problem. However if I add properties to the 'Content' tab at the [Home] document type then creating such a document (or attempting to edit a pre-existing one) throws an error:

Can't load document with nodeId=...
    Sequence contains more than one matching element

I 'm currently in the process of redesigning the document type tree and won't probably be needing the double inheritance, but anyway I think it should be an option.

Panayiotis

• ID 27 posts 128 karma points
    Nov 28, 2013 @ 16:25
  • John Ligtenberg 53 posts 214 karma points
    Feb 04, 2014 @ 13:58
    John Ligtenberg

We encountered this issue in a production environment with debugging turned of. The error message in the backend was "failed to retreive data for content id ..." Removing the superfluous tab in the descendant document type solved the problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft