Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 20:46
    Phillip Ng

Media items can't be picked in some cases

Hello

I have a real head-scratcher here. Using Umb v6.1.2 currently. My client contacted me, saying they are having trouble with choosing an image using the Media Picker. They can create a media node, upload an image, and save it to the Media section. Then when navigating to the Content section, and they try to select that image using a Media Picker property or Digibiz Advance media Picker, but the image doesn't show, though the media node is there (screenshot below).

Thinking it was their account, I created a new account, but the same problem occurred. One of their coworkers with an Umbraco account tried it with the same problem. They both use Macs. In both cases, they uploaded and saved an image but wasn't able to pick it using the Media Picker or DAMP. One of them even tried it at home with the same result, so that seems to rule out any network or security problems in their office.

When I try picking the images on my account the client uploaded, I can't, but when I uploaded an image in my office, I was able to pick it, even when using their Umbraco accounts. This has been strange to say the least, but the kicker is picking the image using the Multi-Node Tree Picker works. I am having them test on a PC in their office, but in the meantime trying the forums. Does anybody have advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 12:16
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

DAMP and MNTP are completely different so it's possible that something doesn't work in DAMP and does work in MNTP. Are the images uploaded of a special media type? It says you can only select the "Image" media type, so if your images are a different media type that won't work. Also only jpg, gif and png files are allowed so if the image is a jpeg file that can't be selected. All of these settings can be changed on datatype so maybe experiment a bit with that.

Jeroen

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Jan 08, 2014 @ 02:28
    Phillip Ng

D'oh! After three weeks of going back and forth with the client, yes, they were uploading and trying to select .jpeg instead of .jpgs. Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft