Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Panayiotis Tritakis 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 12, 2014 @ 21:19
    Panayiotis Tritakis

7.0.1 - TinyMCE configuration not applied

Hello,

Towards the end of the tinyMceConfig.config file there exists a section where one may specify additional configuration options to be applied to the the editor. In clean installations this contains two configuration options, namely 'entity_encoding' and 'spellchecker_rpc_url', with values of 'raw' and 'GoogleSpellChecker.ashx' respectively. However these options never seem to be applied to the actual TinyMCE instance used in the back office.

(As an example, create a document node with a rich text editor, enter some text in a non English language and check the HTML code. Most characters above ASCII 128 would be converted to HTML entities, which is not the expected behavior of TinyMCE when entity_encoding is set to 'raw'.)

After inspecting the code for the creation of the TinyMCE instance (umbraco.controller.js around line 4750 – the tinymce.init call is approximately at line 4820) it seems that the custom configuration settings although retrieved from the config file and stored in ‘tinyMceConfig.customConfig’ are never used. Hence, the TinyMCE instance uses the default values for the respective settings.

Is this a bug? Or am I missing something and the settings are applied somewhere else? I don’t mind writing the code to pass the values to the TinyMCE initialization function, but I just want to make sure it is not covered somewhere else.

Panayiotis

[Edit] In retrospect the example I gave above is a little bit awkward. There exists a much more direct way to check the value of a TinyMCE setting. While at the back office open up a node that contains a rich text editor, fire up the console and check the value of ‘tinyMCE.activeEditor.settings.entity_encoding’. It is always set to ‘named’. [/Edit]

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 12, 2014 @ 22:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Panayiotis

Regarding the entity_encoding it may be a bug...I'm not sure. However I'm confident that the google spellchecker stuff is some legacy since the google translate web service has been shut down so this should of course be removed from the config file.

It would be nice if you would create this issue on the issue tracker here http://issues.umbraco.org/dashboard - Remember to check if someone else has already reported this of course.

/Jan

• Panayiotis Tritakis 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 12, 2014 @ 23:12
    Panayiotis Tritakis

OK, I added it to the issue tracker...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft