Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Miguel S. 30 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 17, 2014 @ 05:51
    Miguel S.

Media Tree Not Loading after 6.0 to 6.1.6 Upgrade

I have already spent hours on this trying to figure it out. It is driving me nuts. 

The ENTIRE site works perfectly EXCEPT for the Media Tree, it just sits there loading. All the media is still in tact because the front end of the site is still calling all of the media and displaying correctly. 

I have already checked all the config files to make sure they are all updated. 

I get an error (when using Inspector) on the Media page. 

/umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=0697997014504d769d10034385a0d63f&id=-1&treeType=media&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&rnd2=24.1

Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out]

[SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +1754082
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +5295874
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +242
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +1682
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() +59
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +90
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +365
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +1325
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +175
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +53
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +134
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +41
       System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
       StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +68
       System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.<>c__DisplayClass4.<ExecuteReaderWithRetry>b__3() +99
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction(Func`1 func) +170
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteReaderWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy cmdRetryPolicy, RetryPolicy conRetryPolicy) +118
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteReaderWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy retryPolicy) +52
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteReaderWithRetry(IDbCommand command) +49
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.<Query>d__1c`1.MoveNext() +169
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +381
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Fetch(Func`3 cb, Sql sql) +126
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.EntityRepository.GetByQuery(IQuery`1 query, Guid objectTypeId) +524
       Umbraco.Core.Services.EntityService.GetChildren(Int32 parentId, UmbracoObjectTypes umbracoObjectType) +351
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseMediaTree.Render(XmlTree& tree) +511
       umbraco.loadMedia.Render(XmlTree& tree) +19
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.LoadTree(TreeRequestParams treeParams) +76
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree() +156
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +123
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +341
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69
  • Giovanni Sidoel 94 posts 233 karma points
    Jun 17, 2014 @ 13:55
    Giovanni Sidoel

I also have this issue. But in this case it was not after an update. I have a 6.1.3 instance running and it just threw this error one day. I have no way of knowing what the users did that might potentially have caused this issue. Have You fixed this Miguel?

• stephanie 52 posts 133 karma points
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 20:43
    stephanie

Media tree won't resolve here either. There was a db failure at the webhost. Everything is back to normal except for this.

• Giovanni Sidoel 94 posts 233 karma points
    Jul 04, 2014 @ 13:36
    Giovanni Sidoel

Hey Stephanie,

I've managed to get the media tree working again (http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/53773-Media-tree-not-loading-all-of-a-sudden). It turned ourt there was a hang in the database server. The host restarted the service and the media tree loaded up again. I don't know if this will also apply to your situation, but just as an FYI.

Jul 04, 2014 @ 19:46
    stephanie

Thanks for the reply...I have contacted our web hosting company and they are looking into this as well. I've scoured these forums for help, and there is little here for this particular issue, so I'm really hoping it's infrastructure and not data...

Jul 06, 2014 @ 15:05
    stephanie

Just a follow-up -- once my webhost moved the site to another environment (I don't know the details of cloud hosting), everything went back to normal. So very frustrating, as this crippled us for several days. I spent a lot of time spinning my wheels trying to figure out the problem, when it wasn't in the software or data at all. 

Thanks!

Steph

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft