Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christopher Hoven 5 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 21, 2014 @ 14:34
    Christopher Hoven

No template exists

Hi all,

we have a problem with our multilangual site we set up in Umbraco. Frequently the english site becomes unavailable and we don't have a way of reproducing it.
    enter image description here

Republishing the site or an IIS reset will fix that for a while. We are running Umbraco 6.2 but we had that problem in 6.1.6 too

Anyone know how to solve this issue?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 21, 2014 @ 14:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Christopher and welcome to our :)

Hmm, that's a really odd issue.

How many sites are you running? And have you checked the log file in the /app_data/logs folder to see if that provides some more information about the issue? And have you checked the server logs as well?

Have you assigned domains to all the websites and is the binding also setup in IIS?

What server version are you running and how about the database?

Have you set <useDomainPrefix>true</useDomainPrefix> in the /config/umbracoSettings.config?

I guess it has something to do with the request pipeline...

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Mar 24, 2014 @ 14:05
    Christopher Hoven

Hi Jan,

thanks for your fast response. I've checked the umbraco-logs but everything seems right for the period the site is unavailable.

We are running IIS 7 and MySQL Server 5.6 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

In umbraco we have a root-node for each language. The hostnames look like following example: mysite.com mysite.com/en/ mysite.com/nl/ mysite.com/fr/ ...

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mar 24, 2014 @ 14:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Christopher

What happens if you change the setting to true and recycle the app pool? Can you then access the pages? And have you checked that template have been properly assigned to the documents? On the properties tab of a node/page in the content section you can see if a template has been chosen.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 25, 2014 @ 14:03
    Christopher Hoven

Hi Jan,

maybe you misunderstood me. The site works the whole day but sometimes (1-2 times a day) the site becomes unavailable until we republish it.

I changed the useDomainPrefix in the settings and the site is still working. Now i have to wait if the error comes again.

Below a snippet of our IIS-Log. 11:43:52 the site is still working, 1 minute later we got 404.

2014-03-25 11:43:52 s-ip GET /en/wine-south-africa - 80 - 46.23.67.107 HTTP/1.0 Mozilla/5.0+(compatible;+monitis+-+premium+monitoring+service;+http://www.monitis.com) - 200 0 64 0 733

2014-03-25 11:44:52 s-ip GET /umbraco/RenderMvc - 80 - 46.23.67.107 HTTP/1.0 Mozilla/5.0+(compatible;+monitis+-+premium+monitoring+service;+http://www.monitis.com) - 404 0 0 594 28

Thanks for your help Jan

Mar 25, 2014 @ 15:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Christopher

Aaah, yes I did. Sorry 'bout that.

Then what I wrote about the domainprefixes has nothing to do with the issue.

Unfortunately I have no clue currently but will of course post in here if I remember something.

/Jan

• Philip Hayton 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 16:48
    Philip Hayton

Hi Christopher, did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I'm having the same problem at the moment and its driving me up the wall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jul 14, 2014 @ 13:56
    Christopher Hoven

Hi Philip

I was not able to solve this Problem but we make a republish on our 404-Page

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft