Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• nopants 10 posts 24 karma points
    Oct 27, 2009 @ 16:49
    nopants

No nodes error - requires republish of root content node

I have a strange error that has happened and I cannot determine the cause. For some reason the site either cannot read the umbraco.config file or it is disappearing randomly. When this happens it brings up the noNodes.aspx page from the splashes folder. To fix the problem I have to login and from the root node select "republish entire site" and it's fixed. Until I can determine the cause I want to make sure it doesn't require me to manually do this just incase it happens while I'm asleep or something.

How can I get the noNodes.aspx file to call the " republish entire site" function on the root node, the redirect back to the requested page? Is it possible to add a script tag into the .aspx file with a runat="server" option which executes the command? That would make it very easy to add and later remove once I've determined the cause.

• nopants 10 posts 24 karma points
    Oct 27, 2009 @ 16:57
    nopants

I should have specified, I'm running Umbraco 4 and it's a full version not the new beta (although I've been testing it and really like the new functionality, also... LINQ is fun!)

• dave2112 17 posts 35 karma points
    Nov 05, 2009 @ 21:32
    dave2112

Hi

I had the same problem a while ago - it had something to do with the application pool getting recycled automatically by IIS.

I changed the settings in IIS to recycle the app pool to recycle after a certain amount of RAM was used and it seems to have fixed it - though I am not sure why :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft