Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeremy Norburn 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 30, 2009 @ 13:25
    Jeremy Norburn

Client broke CMS by making change - site now crashed and unable to access Umbraco

Hi all,

Our client has had control over making changes within the Umbraco CMS, but they have done something to cause an error message to be displayed and we can't even access Umbraco to fix it.

Please help.

The error message being displayed is:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The file '/umbraco/masterpages/default.master' does not exist.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="/umbraco/masterpages/default.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

Line 2: 

Line 3:  <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolderDefault" runat="server">

Source File: /masterPages/Homepage.master    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

• Edward Dudley 80 posts 121 karma points
    Oct 30, 2009 @ 13:36
    Edward Dudley

It sounds like the default.master is missing.

You can find the master pages in the masterpages folder in the umbraco folder in your website root ([root]/umbraco/masterpages).

If default.master is missing then I guess you could download the Umbraco zip file and copy the default.master from there into your own website.

One other thing - if the page is there then check the case.  I've noticed on mine that it's default.Master not default.master.

Hope that helps!

• Tom 50 posts 100 karma points
    Oct 30, 2009 @ 15:07
    Tom

We had the same error.
    It occurs when you delete something from Media and in our case a large part of the /umbraco directory is deleted.
    Restoring the /umbraco folder solved our issue.

• Folkert 82 posts 212 karma points
    Oct 30, 2009 @ 15:09
    Folkert

Looks familiar to me;-) using umbsearch right? you must upgrade to the latest version.

• Folkert 82 posts 212 karma points
    Oct 30, 2009 @ 15:10
  • dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Oct 30, 2009 @ 15:40
    dandrayne

@Folkert Yep, that happened here as well and the error looks mighty familiar.

Lukily the site was still in dev when it decided to eat itself!

• Tom 50 posts 100 karma points
    Oct 30, 2009 @ 16:17
    Tom

Downloading the updated umbSearch2 component ;-) and going to upgrade!

• Albert 27 posts 49 karma points
    Sep 04, 2012 @ 17:21
    Albert

I had the same problem and solved after copying umbraco and umbraco_client another time.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft