Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel 44 posts 187 karma points
    May 23, 2014 @ 15:37
    Daniel

Building umbraco source on VS 2013

When building the Umbraco source code with the build.bat file like recommended I get the errors shown in the picture below. It seems like the build script is looking for a file in c:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\WebApplications\. I do have the necessary file but it's located in c:\Program (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v12.0\WebApplications\. Where and how do I update the <Import> declaration?

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 23, 2014 @ 16:32
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Get the one from the 12.0 folder and put it in the folder that the build is looking for. I have this on my todo list to fix.

• Daniel 44 posts 187 karma points
    May 26, 2014 @ 11:13
    Daniel

Thank you Sebastiaan. Now it built successfully.

I'd like to push for making this fix to next release. I can't quite get it to work so I can't make a pull request for it.
    http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-3571

Thanks,
    Daniel 

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 26, 2014 @ 11:21
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I understand the issue but it's currently low priority, the next release is Thursday and we're all very busy preparing for CodeGarden. It'll either have to wait until for a future release or if you can make a pull request for it after all we MIGHT be able to squeeze it in. But if you're going the PR route then I would urge you to make it fast, as I said we're currently all super busy so we might not have time to review and think about implications of changing this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft