Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• cmm 20 posts 122 karma points
    Jun 26, 2014 @ 17:28
    cmm

Can't add new domain in homepage ( Umbraco 6.2.1.)

Hi,

After the upgrade to 6.2.1. I can no longer add new domains in my homepage. (Right mouse button / Culture and hostnames/ Add new domain)

After I save, the domain that I previously insert just disappears, and nothing saved.

UmbracoLog doesn't show any error but I checked my UmbracoTraceLog.txt, And I'm getting this, not sure if it's related:

2014-06-26 16:27:30,823 [68] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 63] Error returning dictionary item 'Submit'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Submit exists in dictionary

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Dictionary.DictionaryItem..ctor(String key)

at Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary.get_Item(String key)

2014-06-26 16:27:30,824 [68] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 63] Error returning dictionary item 'Previous'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Previous exists in dictionary

2014-06-26 16:27:30,824 [68] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 63] Error returning dictionary item 'Next'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Next exists in dictionary

2014-06-26 16:27:30,835 [68] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 63] Error returning dictionary item 'Submit'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Submit exists in dictionary

2014-06-26 16:27:30,836 [68] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 63] Error returning dictionary item 'Previous'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Previous exists in dictionary

2014-06-26 16:27:30,836 [68] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 63] Error returning dictionary item 'Next'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Next exists in dictionary

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2014 @ 17:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Cmm

What version of Umbraco did you upgrade from? And what steps did you take in order to upgrade?

/Jan

Jun 26, 2014 @ 18:00
    cmm

Hi Jan,

Upgraded from 6.2.0.

I used the 6.2.1 zip file and copied to my installation the Install/ bin / umbraco / Umbraco_client folders. Merged the web.config file. And incremented the version number in ClientDependency.config. And then I just followed the installation steps successfully. Everything seems to be working fine. I just noticed that the I can't change the domain in neither of my home nodes. By the way my application is multi-domain.

Thanks

Jun 26, 2014 @ 20:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Cmm

Ah yes, saw the other post you replied now :)

Hmm, that's really odd - Could you share a screendump of your "manage hostnames" settings?

/Jan

Jun 27, 2014 @ 11:33
    cmm

Hey Jan,

here's a screen (I edited my domains for the screenshot, they are just dummy domains:

I use the empty box to write the new domain, try to save, but after the save, this last domain just disappears.

Thanks

Jun 29, 2014 @ 20:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Do you see any error messages on the console log of your browser if you have it open while you try to add a new domain?

/Jan

Jun 30, 2014 @ 14:48
    cmm

Hey Jan,

Yes I've noticed the following error when I open the host names popup (Right mouse button / Culture and hostnames/ Add new domain) (not when I save, but when I open the popup)

Thanks

Jun 30, 2014 @ 18:51
    Jun 30, 2014 @ 20:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi cmm

Well, it's weird that you started having the issue in 6.2.1 and the person in the other post is seeing the issue in 6.1.6 - I've not seen other posts around this issue and we're using 6.1.6 on many of the sites we develop in my company and we have not encountered this issue.

However I'm thinking if you have tried clearing the client dependency cache?

Could you please try doing this

1: Go to the /app_data/TEMP/ folder and delete the "ClientDependency" folder 2: Go to /config/ClientDependency.config 3: Recycle the app pool

Does that help?

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jul 03, 2014 @ 11:36
    cmm

Hi Jan,

Found a fix:

"Add ClientIDMode="Static" to the Page declaration in AssignDomain2.aspx"

Source: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2317#comment=67-8620

Cheers

Jul 03, 2014 @ 15:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Cmm

Aah good - Glad you found a solution and thank you for sharing so others can benefit.

Remember to mark the topic as solved by marking your post as the solution.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft